9/11 Never forget - 19 years

Team meeting. Happened every Tuesday. Very mundane usually. We all found out and went back to our desks. Put my headphones back on I was 27. Manager came over said "go home corporate said no one should be here" mmmm ok. Naive. Downtown Toledo building they didn't know if anything would happen. Fine started my drive home and the expressway was stopped. Felt like a sitting duck if something would happen. Went home to my apartment where I was alone so many emotions. Walked down to the video store and loaded up on movies because I was already tired of the coverage. Same feelings about this covid thing

November 13, the day the people realized the world would never be same.

I was in Kantishna, AK on that fateful day. Our communications satellite was turned off around 10am Alaska time. We did get the no take off order. We thought there must be some serious stuff going on for the satellite to be shut off. No internet, no Tv, no phone service. For the rest of the day we had no idea if there was bombs falling on Washington D.C. or not.

Turns out the communications company had the wrong day marked for the scheduled shut down of our satellite service.

Back