Just got my Updated Panel missing VNAV

Tan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TheCapTan
Hey Guys,

I have some people checking on this but I just picked up my plane yesterday from the shop. Long overdue. I have a Piper PA28R-180. I got two G5s, GTN 650xi, and GFC 500. In my GTN utilities menu only shows vcalc and no VNAV. Is there a way for me to config this myself? Sw 20.01 GPS 8.0

There is a setting on config page that you can change from vcalc to VNAV, is that set properly?

There is a setting on config page that you can change from vcalc to VNAV, is that set properly?
In which configuration settings? Does the shop have to do it? I could not find the options.

In which configuration settings? Does the shop have to do it? I could not find the options.

Turn of the 650. Push and hold the Home button. Then turn on the 650 while holding home button. This should put you in the configurations menu. Cycle through it and you’ll see the VNAV setting. I had the same issue with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

I have some people checking on this but I just picked up my plane yesterday from the shop. Long overdue. I have a Piper PA28R-180. I got two G5s, GTN 650xi, and GFC 500. In my GTN utilities menu only shows vcalc and no VNAV. Is there a way for me to config this myself? Sw 20.01 GPS 8.0

It sounds like you have all the necessary equipment to enable VNAV, and the shop just forgot to turn it on for you.

Theoretically, they're supposed to be the ones to do it... And I accept no responsibility should you choose to not take it to them!

But if you put the GTN into config mode (power it up whilst holding the Home button), you can try this:

GTN Setup -> Navigation Features -> Vertical Navigation -> VNAV (switch from VCALC)

If that doesn't work, check and see if anything is configured under GTN Setup -> Main System -> Altitude Source Input. I think it should be set to the G5 AI, but don't quote me on that.

If neither of those looks wrong, just take it to the shop... And that would be the recommended course of action anyway.

It sounds like you have all the necessary equipment to enable VNAV, and the shop just forgot to turn it on for you.

Theoretically, they're supposed to be the ones to do it... And I accept no responsibility should you choose to not take it to them!

But if you put the GTN into config mode (power it up whilst holding the Home button), you can try this:

GTN Setup -> Navigation Features -> Vertical Navigation -> VNAV (switch from VCALC)

If that doesn't work, check and see if anything is configured under GTN Setup -> Main System -> Altitude Source Input. I think it should be set to the G5 AI, but don't quote me on that.

If neither of those looks wrong, just take it to the shop... And that would be the recommended course of action anyway.
Ok thanks

Back