Could Someone Please Try This Recipe?

FormerHangie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FormerHangie
I haven't made this in a few years, mainly because I don't think the rest of my family would like it. I made it tonight and suddenly remembered how much I liked it.

Ingredients, per serving
Meat from one large or two small chicken thighs, cut into small chunks
One tablespoon minced garlic
Half teaspoon salt
Small (four ounce) can of diced mild green chilies
Three tablespoon olive oil
Three tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot sauce
Pasta of your choice (I use spaghetti)

Once you have all the ingredients out, this goes together quickly, so have the pasta cooking before you start on the rest.

Put the olive oil in a skillet, heat over medium low heat, add garlic. Once the garlic is fragrant and slightly colored, add the chicken meat and turn the stove up to medium-medium high. Once the chicken is cooked through, turn the heat to low and add the salt, chilies, and Red Hot, and stir. When all these are heated through, turn the heat down to warm, you don't want to cook the chilies and Red Hot very much or they lose their flavor. Once the pasta's ready, drain it, put it back in the pot you cooked it in mix in what's in the skillet and serve.

This is one of those things where you come home and are hungry, and you go rummaging around the kitchen to see what's there. I came up with this about 30 years ago when I came home from playing volleyball and needed to make some dinner. If someone would make it some time and let me know what he/she thought I would appreciate it. It's slightly spicy, would get a single chili rating at the local Thai restaurant.

I've only ever made it for myself, hence the per serving quantities.

Hmm, I'm thinking about making a grilled steak for dinner but I'm not sure how good that will be. Maybe I will ask the POA crowd for advice first.

Without having tried this, only suggestion I'd make is to season the chicken before cooking, rather than adding salt after it is cooked....but adding salt is a "game-time" decision and is very fluid.

Just reheat some tuna casserole. Wait... wrong thread.

I think the recipe would be OK, but I'm not a fan of things that are super spicy. With that much hot sauce and chilis, I'm doubtful any of the rest of it is going to be noticable. The chicken, pasta and oil become texture, the garlic is going to get lost in the heat.

Back