I hatred tuna casserole[rant]

I hatred normal fish. Square and triangle fish with the breading still on are great! :)

Oh yeah! I don’t hatred battered and fried fish! Don’t hatred that al all...

I tried to do batter-dipped fried canned tuna, but I couldn't get the tuna to hold together if I dipped the entire pressed cake of tuna.. nor could I keep the individual flakes apart if I dipped them individually. Are you supposed to leave the can on while you fry it?

edit.. and don't get me started about BBQ beans. I HATRED threading them on the skewers one by one... takes for ever, and you still end up losing a lot of them.

I tried to do batter-dipped fried canned tuna, but I couldn't get the tuna to hold together if I dipped the entire pressed cake of tuna.. nor could I keep the individual flakes apart if I dipped them individually. Are you supposed to leave the can on while you fry it?
Yea, leave the can on and closed up. After cooking, it should peel right off. If you overcook it, the can might explode and ruin the tuna.

Yea, leave the can on and closed up. After cooking, it should peel right off. If you overcook it, the can might explode and ruin the tuna.
Great! Do you have any tips for lobster? People seem to love it, but I always found it way too crunchy.

The most rank disgusting god-awfulest choke your closed throat fish i ever [tried to] ate was herring with sour cream in denmark. And they had the balls to serve it with lemon wedges and sliced onions. Holy moly! I almost croaked. And i can eat almost any seafood fresh and hate to waste food.
Huh. I had that for lunch at one of those little cafes lining the canal in Copenhagen, loved it. And capers.. Love the capers.

Last night's dinner was tuna & noodles. A can of tuna and half a can of Campbell's Cream of Muchroom mixed together on a bowl, covered with grated colby jack. Cook the noodles (rotini made from chickpeas or something like that in this case; they were pretty good). Drain, dump over the mix in the bowl, salt & pepper to taste, mix it up until it's all warm and the cheese is melted.

Mmm-mmm. Glad there's a little left over for lunch today.

Great! Do you have any tips for lobster? People seem to love it, but I always found it way too crunchy.
I am no expert but it sounds like you are eating lobster that is *extremely fresh*. Cooked lobster may be more of your liking. :D

The most rank disgusting god-awfulest choke your closed throat fish i ever [tried to] ate was herring with sour cream in denmark. And they had the balls to serve it with lemon wedges and sliced onions. Holy moly! I almost croaked. And i can eat almost any seafood fresh and hate to waste food.

My love of herring in cream sauce is almost matched by my love of herring in wine sauce. Must be my Viking roots.

But that doesn’t explain my violent hatred of lutefisk. That must be my self-preservation instincts kicking in.

Yeah.

Hamburger Helper. The cheesiest, yummiest extender for poor quality ground beef known to man (or woman, more accurately) since sliced bread. I don't eat bread so I don't eat bread so I don't care anyway but I used to eat the pasta in Hamburger Helper.

Tuna Helper.

Fail. I love tuna. I love tuna salad. Make me a tuna salad sammich and I'm in heaven. Make me a Tuna Helper and I'm in hell. Look, I like tuna. Sushi, it's great. Cooked, it's fine for tuna salad. Cooked twice...

No. Well, tonight's dinner is some precooked tuna being cooked again, with rice and some awesome sloughouse corn which is world famous and I picked up some but why are we doing corn and rice at the same time? I like rice. I like good corn. I don't need both.

I sure as HELL don't need twice cooked canned tuna. Is this a woman thing? Do women like twice cooked tuna? Men f hate it. I sure as hell hate it. I have tried to express.

Smile and enjoy I guess. I have reached this stage where I want stuff I want going in to my body vs stuff I don't. Maybe the solution is isolation and department but then there is the laundry issue and plus the kids and stuff. I mean, the are adults and can wipe their own asses and that is good but man.

I don't need tri tip every day. I would like tri tip every day. I would be happy with hamburgers every day. I would be okay with tuna salad every day.

Why, fried canned tuna. Why?

I mean I can pull out some cans of non-reheated tuna or canned chicken breast, but that would offend.

Am I out of line?

I feel your pain.

To be fair, I was twelve years old the last time I ate Hamburger Helper.
I was 16...It was lightweight enough that my grandpa could ship it to his place in Alaska fairly cheaply.

We also ran electricity to his place that year, so the next time I was up there we could actually refrigerate stuff. ;)

Thread drift. My mother used to make a Lima bean casserole that was the thing of nightmares. I can’t use the word ‘casserole‘ with out twitching. As kids growing up. If something was made and not finished. It was on the table the next day and the next day and so on...

Oh I hatred lima beans more than any other vegetable. My mother made me eat them when I was a small child and I remember puking my guts out. Can’t get close to them. A casserole made out of them is the stuff of nightmares.

Any recipe that ends with "...Bake" is a non-starter for me.. as in... "Cheesy Lima Bean Chicken Lip Bake..."

Chicken L I P bake!!!....Chicken L-I-P?!.....LIP??!!
That beats herring with sour cream! With onions....cold!!

That beats pig ass ho.........no!,,,,,,,,I wont say it.,,,I can’t say it.

I’m holding my head.

I hatred canned salmon. So many bones.
If canned salmon is too boney for you, don’t even think about trout, unless it’s already been butterflied at the market. It’s got more bones than you can count and it’s really easy to get jabbed in the gums when you eat it if they haven’t all been removed. It’s a great tasting fish, but it’s not the easiest to eat! :)

I’m curious numerous people in this thread are using ‘hatred’ as a verb when it is a noun. Is this something from another thread that I should have picked up on, something from a different part of the country, something from a different generation, some joke that went over my head, or something different all together?

:confused2:

I’m curious numerous people in this thread are using ‘hatred’ as a verb when it is a noun. Is this something from another thread that I should have picked up on, something from a different part of the country, something from a different generation, some joke that went over my head, or something different all together?

:confused2:

I assume it was a typo (or more help from Siri and other auto-correct tools) in the OP and we all just jumped on it in jest?
I hatred Siri autocorrect so bad that I'm gonna Sale my eye phone and go back to dial up.

Thread drift. My mother used to make a Lima bean casserole that was the thing of nightmares. I can’t use the word ‘casserole‘ with out twitching. As kids growing up. If something was made and not finished. It was on the table the next day and the next day and so on...

Growing up in a Catholic Italian household every Friday was meatless and Friday meals alternated between Lentil Soup and Pasta e fagioli (Pasta Fazool) I couldn't stand either one and would take a couple of hours to finish...both dishes are even worse when cold

Never buy mid- low priced canned salmon, it has bones and it’s awful. If you like canned salmon get the absolute best you can afford. (How did salmon get in here?........I don’t know.)
I like the canned salmon that still has the skin and bones in it. That is where you find most of the good omega-3. You can chew right through those bones and they are too soft to choke you.

Buying the expensive brand is just paying more to have them take the nutrition out of it for you.

One of my favorite old school MREs was the tuna noodle casserole.

I don't think I remember that one. I liked that the baked beans were labeled "not for preflight use."

Nah, no-shell lobster should be the best and eaiset to deal with. :)

O9TsDgt.gif

Hamburger helper - not so bad.
Tuna helper - yuck!

Fortunately, my wife hasn't served tuna helper in years, if ever.

Now, tuna as part of sushi, yum. But, my wife doesn't like sushi, so that has to wait until I'm in a Japanese restaurant (or better, in Japan).

Interesting reading in this thread. :)

Back