IFR/VFR - Monitoring the (Human) Engine Inflight (Full ATC)

wayneda40

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
waynemcc
For very good reasons, we spend time, money and energy monitoring our aircraft engines. Today, using his Fitbit watch, we check on the condition of our pilot Levi’s human “engine”. We file IFR and shoot a couple RNAV approaches going missed, then nail a couple VFR landings... all while recording Levi’s heart rate. When compared with other normal daily events (e.g. sleeping, driving, exertion), how would you expect a pilot’s inflight heart rate to stack up… more or less stressful?
Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot

Nice video.

Per my pulse oximeter, I’m easily in the 90s in cruise! I’m spring loaded for attack, lol. (And no, I’m not confusing it with %sat.)

Interesting how high the drive home got.

I enjoyed all the IFR radio chatter.

For very good reasons, we spend time, money and energy monitoring our aircraft engines. Today, using his Fitbit watch, we check on the condition of our pilot Levi’s human “engine”. We file IFR and shoot a couple RNAV approaches going missed, then nail a couple VFR landings... all while recording Levi’s heart rate. When compared with other normal daily events (e.g. sleeping, driving, exertion), how would you expect a pilot’s inflight heart rate to stack up… more or less stressful?
Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot

Good job questioning when to turn on the missed approach at SMX. So what happened on the drive home? Was road rage involved:D

Nice video.

Per my pulse oximeter, I’m easily in the 90s in cruise! I’m spring loaded for attack, lol. (And no, I’m not confusing it with %sat.)

Interesting how high the drive home got.

I enjoyed all the IFR radio chatter.

Good job questioning when to turn on the missed approach at SMX. So what happened on the drive home? Was road rage involved:D
The increased heart rate when driving home was indeed interesting... Levi says it was a normal drive, with no traffic jams and no road rage :).
Thanks for watching!
Wayne

Back