Middle initial missing on IFR written

MacFlier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
MacFlier
So, I just realized that my middle initial is missing from my IFR written exam result paper. Would that be a problem for the checkride?
If so, is there a way to correct it?

Thanks!

It's the FAA. They'll probably make you go through a battery of cognitive tests to prove that you don't have severe memory issues that caused you to forget to fill that in. No big del though, shouldn't be over 6 months and $20,000.

(obviously there is nothing serious contained in the above...at least I hope not!)

Will be fine as long as the rest of your name is correct.

Let youR DPE know about it when you schedule. At least then he won’t be surprised by it.
I doubt it will be an issue. They recently updated Iacra, I suspect it may now be a bit more tolerant of that than it was, but I am just guessing

Brian

The short answer is no, the long answer is "probably not, but if so there are still ways around it."

IACRA will not accept name mismatches when creating an airman application for certificate or rating. If IACRA refuses to accept your AKTR when inputting it into the system, you'll have to revert to a paper 8710-1 application instead. The latter is undesirable for a host of reasons, but not a showstopper by any means.

I haven't seen problems with initials, but I have seen problems with names that are hyphenated.

I sent an email to the Airmen FAA Registry support and they told me it should not be an issue. I agree with the suggestion above to let the DPE know about it before the checkride.

I don't have a middle name. Not a problem until I joined the US Navy, which seemed to think (at least at the time) that everyone had one. So they assigned me one: NMN (for No Middle Name). This would randomly crop up on various computer-generated forms for the next 20 years or so. Luckily, my retirement from the Navy seems to have left this issue in the dustbin of history...

Norman! Is that you?

We had a fellow OC with us at Newport for Officer Candidate School, class 6806. When we got to the "form filling out session" we all learned about it. From that moment on, his name was Norman!

-Skip

So they assigned me one: NMN (for No Middle Name). [...] Luckily, my retirement from the Navy seems to have left this issue in the dustbin of history...
Then you did better than Hiram Ulysses Grant in that department.

(I believe the OP's question has been sufficiently answered at this point.)

Back