BEEF ribs!

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
We have a(nother) thread about ribs, and as usual it is mostly about pork ribs. Now I love pork ribs as much as anybody, but I also love beef ribs. But I can rarely find them. When I was a kid my step dad used to make them, but he has passed away without revealing his secrets. I had some good ones in Ft. Worth a few years ago (about thirty) but when I went back they said they only made them a few times a year. I tried some a few times but they just weren't as good as the ones I remember.

So, how about some of you others that love good beef ribs sharing your recipes and cooking styles. My weaponry consists of an electric oven, a crock pot, a gas grill and a Big Green Egg.

Beef plate ribs, brisket seasoning, smoke ‘em like a brisket.

4f1ef06782850286c11b0dabc2772bc6.jpg

f7f7ce495b096c7b15017fc28b770532.jpg

I also love beef ribs. But I can rarely find them.
Yeah I know it. I like a good set of ribs now and then, but as someone who doesn’t eat pork, it makes it more difficult to find. There’s a few places around that do a good job with it though.

Those look good. Braised beef short ribs can be the bomb as well.

Beef ribs are great. Under-appreciated in a lot of places for sure.

Franklin's BBQ Beef Ribs (Austin Texas)
I smoked these last week and they are great.

concur on the "can seldom find them" ... the beef ribs they try to sell around here are so trimmed down they would hardly qualify for dog bone treats.
I guess I need to hit up the better specialty meat markets.

oh yeah - I like Franklin's videos. Have followed him for a while now.

My first attempt at any kind of rib. Usually I find them right next to all the other ribs, of course I don't look for them too often.
1935847_1105588516828_2631921_n.jpg

Back