Stressed about something old.

J

James123

I omitted some information on a past medical. It was a few doctors visits (common cold/ sinus infections) and a inpatient hospitalization. The hospitalization was for a previously listed condition (constipation). Not that it matters, but they were left off my medical through fault of memory, and the hospitalization at the time I thought was an observation, not a inpatient hospitalization. End result is on my next medical I took my time and was careful to not leave out any information and corrected my past medical. DME saw this and asked about why I left out information on past medical. I said with an embarrassed face, that it was an honest mistake. The DME understood and I was on my way with a new medical.

Problem: I live in fear that the FAA will strip my licenses if I ever end up under investigation even though I have completely corrected my medical. Should I be in fear? AOPA legal team says I shouldn't, but I am. Constructive comments or helpful information would be appreciated.

I wouldn’t worry about it, forgetting to list a hospital visit for minor & non-disqualifying reasons. If the next medical falls inside the 3 year look back, include it then.

Problem: I live in fear that the FAA will strip my licenses if I ever end up under investigation even though I have completely corrected my medical. Should I be in fear? AOPA legal team says I shouldn't, but I am. Constructive comments or helpful information would be appreciated.

Will Basic Med satisfy your needs? If so, do that and let your medical expire. The FAA can't revoke an expired medical, so your fears should be taken away if you go that route.

Should I worry about the stitches I had on my foot for scraping it on a tuna can in a trash bag?

I wouldn't worry unless your hospitalizations led to further complications.

DME saw this and asked about why I left out information on past medical. I said with an embarrassed face, that it was an honest mistake. The DME understood and I was on my way with a new medical.
..based on the above, this below
Problem: I live in fear that the FAA will strip my licenses if I ever end up under investigation even though I have completely corrected my medical.
..is not a reasonable thing to worry about

Plus.. going down this slippery slope of "what-ifs" .. it sounds like you did your part to correct your medical and the responsibility would fall on the DME

If you get pulled over for speeding and the cop lets you off with a verbal warning, it's not reasonable to then worry that some someone else at the DA will review all the traffic stop records and come after you

I get it.. the FAA and "the government" are scary entities.. but I don't think you have anything to reasonably worry about.

By the way, this free advice isn't even worth $0.02.. just an opinion from another pilot who started flying 18 years ago

What happens if you leave out hospitalization for PTSD/mental health, anxiety, and anti-depressant medicine? I think someone filed a report, what are the posible outcomes?

What happens if you leave out hospitalization for PTSD/mental health, anxiety, and anti-depressant medicine? I think someone filed a report, what are the posible outcomes?
That is very significant information that is, by default, enough to not allow an airman to fly. When filling out the form you are filling it out to the best of your knowledge. If someone were to somehow forget that information, I would be concerned.

Looking back, constantly stressing about unintentional omissions on my medical application was a red flag for what was eventually diagnosed as OCD. Just saying...

I want to know when MedExpress will remember our previous entries on form 8500-8 so we aren't made into liars when we skip a minor thing 20 years ago. It's a computer! Remembering stuff is what they excel at!

The MedXpress form points out that minor visits, such as dentist, regular visits for your non-aviation annual exam (assuming no disqualifying issues) don't need to be reported.

I want to know when MedExpress will remember our previous entries on form 8500-8 so we aren't made into liars when we skip a minor thing 20 years ago. It's a computer! Remembering stuff is what they excel at!
Always print a copy of the 8500-8 form (either save as PDF or print hardcopy) so you always have a record for future reference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back