Marvel Mystery Oil

Is it just me, or has this thread veered way off-topic?

Yes sir, and it's my fault, here in the South we are thick-skinned and like to get side-tracked, I need to realize that not everyone on these forums is that way - my apologies for my Texas humor............back on task

I've yet to meet anyone who has experienced any valve issues of any kind if they have been using MMO as directed for a while.......it's a great product

There is always a first for anything, if you are in this forum and have had valve issues while regularly using MMO as directed, please speak now, I would love to hear your testimony about how MMO doesn't do anything

Also, if you're in this forum and have never had issues while never using MMO (as directed or otherwise), please speak as well. That would make this discussion a little more pseudo-scientific.

Of course, if you're reading this, you're in this forum. ;)

Also, if you're in this forum and have never had issues while never using MMO (as directed or otherwise), please speak as well. That would make this discussion a little more pseudo-scientific.
;)

Also magnets. And magic water. Any good pseudo-scientific discussion will eventually drag in magnets and various types of magic water.

Do any of those cure Covid-19?

Tom

I haven't seen magnets invoked yet, but I'm sure it's coming. The magic water people are all over it; I've seen discussions of hydrogen-enriched water as a possible cure, and searching for homeopathic Covid 19 treatments brings up a lot of hits, split between people selling alleged cures, and regulatory agencies pointing out that there is no evidence that any of it works.

Also magnets. And magic water. Any good pseudo-scientific discussion will eventually drag in magnets and various types of magic water.
And copper bracelets and silversol

Here is a fact ..... bacteria and viruses cannot live very long on a copper surface , something to do with IONS released from the metal .... same goes for silver .

What happens then is some quack remedy salesman will dissolve a very finely ground up ounce of silver toss it into 100 gallons of distilled water and then sell it for $20 for a tiny bottle.

Then have witnesses swear that their neighbors grandmother had a friend that drank it and she was never sick.

People actually believe this stuff and buy it

Those companies use the marketing concept known as .... "there is a sucker born every minute"

And they make millions.

What happens then is some quack remedy salesman will dissolve a very finely ground up ounce of silver toss it into 100 gallons of distilled water and then sell it for $20 for a tiny bottle.

Or better yet, they add zero silver and call it homeopathic. :confused:

Here is a fact ..... bacteria and viruses cannot live very long on a copper surface , something to do with IONS released from the metal .... same goes for silver .

Then have witnesses swear that their neighbors grandmother had a friend that drank it and she was never sick.

People actually believe this stuff and buy it

Those companies use the marketing concept known as .... "there is a sucker born every minute"

And they make millions.

yep - back before cancer was so prolific all homes had copper water lines.......

yep - back before cancer was so prolific all homes had copper water lines.......

Or lead.

Are you aware that the rates for most cancers, both incidence, and mortality, have been declining since the 90's?

Here you go. Magnets to align gas molecules for better fuel efficiency.

Who can make this up?

Wow! I remember gas line magnets being a thing in the mid-1970s. Didn't realize they were still around. One can only imagine how much real world efficacy data they've managed to collect in the last 45 years!

I see from the diagram that the magnets don't just align the molecules, they actually ionize them! So the development of the ionizing magnet was apparently something I'd missed.

I remember the J C Whitney catalog from the 1970's during the gas shortages.... if you would total up all the gas saving devices when installed on the same car, your gas tank would overflow from the fuel savings. :)

Carmakers had to resort to expensive catalytic converters to solve exhaust emissions , those converters used exotic minerals such as platinum to deal with unburned hydrocarbons

A magic snake oil salesman came up with a sales pitch of putting the platinum in the fuel thus burning all the hydrocarbons in the combustion chamber which would increase mileage as well as reduce pollution.

He sold a kit , not very expensive , a glass jar mounted on the inner fender and a small rubber hose to the intake manifold. Sold lots of them. The real moneymaker was supplying the liquid that went into the jar , had to be refilled once a month or so.

He made millions

The liquid in the jar was simply ethanol. A person could probably find a microscopic particle of platinum somewhere in the batch.

That must taste yummy, in your orange juice. Which tree make dimethyl sulfoxide? It's made by oxidation of dimethyl sulfide.

I liked this part:

...can't be patented, there no money in it for big pharma...

Sounds just like the 100 MPG carburetor the oil companies are suppressing.

The farm home where I was raised had copper door handles ... mom didn't like them because they were dull and copper polish was expensive. In modern day disease experts say public buildings and washrooms should have copper handles because germs will not live on them.

Hand sanitizers with an alcohol base do not actually kill the virus ..... what happens is the thin membrane surrounding the virus is penetrated by the alcohol , splits open , and the virus cannot function

Soap and water is just as effective , soap penetrates the thin membrane and disables it like alcohol does. Most people think soap and water just washes the virus down the drain but that is not the case.

Back to mmm for a minute .... Turtle wax now owns it and are required to provide a safety data sheet , which I present the portion showing the ingredients.

Mainly it consists of Naphthenic oils and is highly solvent and comes from the kerosene family of distilates

Plus stoddard solvent which is turpentine paint thinner.

Attachments

• marvel mystery oil ingredients.JPG
    marvel mystery oil ingredients.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 11
Plus stoddard solvent which is turpentine paint thinner.
Umm, no. Stoddard solvent is a petroleum distillate. Turpentine is completely different and is made from tree resins. Both may be used as paint thinner, depending on the type of paint.

Umm, no. Stoddard solvent is a petroleum distillate. Turpentine is completely different and is made from tree resins. Both may be used as paint thinner, depending on the type of paint.
Right you are thanks , I should have said Mineral Spirits which is a paint thinner that replaces turpentine.

Hand sanitizers with an alcohol base do not actually kill the virus ..... what happens is the thin membrane surrounding the virus is penetrated by the alcohol , splits open , and the virus cannot function.
Not a biologist, I'd bet.

Disrupting a viral membrane and spilling the guts out kills the virus as effectively as if it happened to you.

??

There is some argument that viruses are not "alive." A virus is a chunk of nucleic acid, DNA or RNA, encapsulated with some sort of membrane or protein. Some of them contain intact but inactive enzymes of various ilk. Viruses do not respire (consume oxygen). They do not consume nourishment (eat). They do not excrete waste. They exhibit none of the internal biological processes we associate with life. They are a inert sacks of nucleic acid. The way they reproduce is attach to some living cell, inject their innards into the cell, and hijack the cells internal processes to produce more virus.

@Domenick

joke
noun

\ ˈjōk \
Definition of joke
(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: something said or done to provoke laughterespecially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist
b(1): the humorous or ridiculous element in something
(2): an instance of jesting : KIDDINGcan't take a joke
c: PRACTICAL JOKE
d: LAUGHINGSTOCK
2: something not to be taken seriously : a trifling matter consider his skiing a joke— Harold Callender—often used in negative constructionsit is no joke to be lost in the desert

So if one coats a proctoscope with MMO, does it go in easier?

Back