David Blaine in class A

He has a great interview with Joe Rogan that he describes the whole thing. He had a transponder and FAA approval. His “aircraft” was FAA approved and he had to get his “Lighter than Air” rating to be legal to fly it. He’s searchable in the FAA Airman’s database.

He has a great interview with Joe Rogan that he describes the whole thing. He had a transponder and FAA approval. His “aircraft” was FAA approved and he had to get his “Lighter than Air” rating to be legal to fly it. He’s searchable in the FAA Airman’s database.
"Stunts" really aren't what they used to be.

Please tell me he used a gun to come back down?

I don't get the point.

He is an Entertainer for a living. He is trying to get on TV etc.

Edit:
YouTube:-
•Streamed live on Sep 2, 2020

In 2 days !!! I think that is real money. The video is 3 hours. I guess they get more money for that. I use an ad blocker and rarely see youtube adverts and I don't see any in this video.

Last edited:
Blaine's breathing technique also works well when climbing a flight of stairs.

I was far more impressed by Felix Baumgartner. He said, "I'm going home now" just before he stepped off the platform.

Gripping stuff.

That was truly silly. It’s as though they never did any planning or did dry runs. One would think the procedures would have been done precisely like clockwork, not asking “should I do this now?”
It also seemed like he was an inexperienced jumper.

I just don’t see the big deal here. Experienced jump folks would likely laugh.

Okay, what am I missing??

YouTube:-
•Streamed live on Sep 2, 2020

In 2 days !!! I think that is real money.

Not really if you knew what Google Adsense pays per 1,000 views!

in actuality, YouTube partnered up with Blaine to produce this event.

That was truly silly. It’s as though they never did any planning or did dry runs. One would think the procedures would have been done precisely like clockwork, not asking “should I do this now?”
It also seemed like he was an inexperienced jumper.

I just don’t see the big deal here. Experienced jump folks would likely laugh.

Okay, what am I missing??
I got the impression that there was a great deal of planning, but I also have the impression that winds aloft are not accurately known in advance, hence the need to make decisions in real time.

I was far more impressed by Felix Baumgartner...Gripping stuff.
There certainly was a lot of hype surrounding it. Alan Eustace, on the other hand, did it rather quietly in comparison. "On October 24, 2014, Eustace made a jump from the stratosphere, breaking Felix Baumgartner's 2012 world record....Eustace in his pressure suit hung tethered under the balloon, without the kind of capsule used by Felix Baumgartner." The ascent sounds absolutely terrifying. He did use a drogue chute on the way down, so not quite the same as Baumgartner, maybe a little closer to Blaine.

Nauga,
and the quiet solitude of sheer terror

Last edited:
United States Parachute Association. I happen to have one of them.
So it's not actually a "license" in the sense of something that's mandated by the government?

So it's not actually a "license" in the sense of something that's mandated by the government?
"That's not a cat license, that's a dog license with the word 'dog' crossed out and cat written in in crayon!"
"Man didn't have the right forms."

Nauga,
and his cat detector van

Back