2020 PoA site operations fundraiser - help keep PoA running (and free!)

I'm in for 18 months. Would have done 2 years, but there was no Purchase button on that choice????

I'm in for 18 months. Would have done 2 years, but there was no Purchase button on that choice????
That's because you had purchased that one last time. You can always add on a 1 year to get to the same thing. :) (you can purchase multiple options to add up to a total).

Just donated. It’s been so long since I joined, do you have everyone’s real name on file?

I don’t remember

edit: I guess it doesn’t matter. I see the banner now

I couldn't find the $1,000 - Ban a user of your choosing option, so enjoy your Jackson. :D

(kidding, I couldn't think of anyone I'd boot for a fiver)

I couldn't find the $1,000 - Ban a user of your choosing option, so enjoy your Jackson. :D

Now THAT would be an interesting fundraiser for sure! We could even do like the dunk tank where you try to dunk your boss to raise money for [insert cause here].

"Ban your favorite MC member for a week!"

Although I'm afraid I know who would "win" that one... :redface:

Well, we reached our fundraising goal in just over 36 hours.

THANK YOU
for all of you that gave so that the board is able to move forward.

I'm going to shut down collection for now. If you missed the window and would still like to give, just PM me and I can make arrangements with you.

Now THAT would be an interesting fundraiser for sure! We could even do like the dunk tank where you try to dunk your boss to raise money for [insert cause here].

But just think how much could be raised in an auction for that. :D

;)

In January of 2019, we had a stated goal of collecting around two years worth of operating expenses to run this site. We're about 18 months in now and we're pretty much right on target for that. That said, we're going to open up a fundraising period again and we humbly ask you to consider donating to help fund the operation of Pilots of America.

Some background: PoA is a nonprofit organization. Not a 501(c)3, but rather a state registered nonprofit. Nobody on the MC takes money for their work on this site. And I receive no compensation for my work on the infrastructure.

It costs us around $100-120/mo for the AWS resources necessary to keep the site running and backed up. Plus we have to pay for domain registration, software/plugin updates for necessary and requested features, etc.

We would like to, once again, raise about two years worth of operating expenses.

If you'd like to sport a fancy PoA Supporter badge like mine, we would very much appreciate a donation. Since we don't always ask for donations on an annual basis, I've changed around a couple of the levels to allow for more extended PoA Supporter status at higher donation tiers.

Our end goal is to make PoA a great resource for pilots (and aviation in general) for generations to come.

If you'd like to donate an amount more (or less) than those listed, just shoot me a PM and I'll work with you individually. You can also just "purchase" more than one of the levels.

Thanks!

Jason (on behalf of the PoA Management Council)

Click here to find the upgrades page... https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/account/upgrades

When I click the link above I get a message that says

"No account upgrades can be purchased at this time. Please check back later."

When I click the link above I get a message that says

"No account upgrades can be purchased at this time. Please check back later."
We hit our goal and shut it down. If you would still like to give, please send me a PM. Anything helps

In January of 2019, we had a stated goal of collecting around two years worth of operating expenses to run this site. We're about 18 months in now and we're pretty much right on target for that. That said, we're going to open up a fundraising period again and we humbly ask you to consider donating to help fund the operation of Pilots of America.

Some background: PoA is a nonprofit organization. Not a 501(c)3, but rather a state registered nonprofit. Nobody on the MC takes money for their work on this site. And I receive no compensation for my work on the infrastructure.

It costs us around $100-120/mo for the AWS resources necessary to keep the site running and backed up. Plus we have to pay for domain registration, software/plugin updates for necessary and requested features, etc.

We would like to, once again, raise about two years worth of operating expenses.

If you'd like to sport a fancy PoA Supporter badge like mine, we would very much appreciate a donation. Since we don't always ask for donations on an annual basis, I've changed around a couple of the levels to allow for more extended PoA Supporter status at higher donation tiers.

Our end goal is to make PoA a great resource for pilots (and aviation in general) for generations to come.

If you'd like to donate an amount more (or less) than those listed, just shoot me a PM and I'll work with you individually. You can also just "purchase" more than one of the levels.

Thanks!

Jason (on behalf of the PoA Management Council)

Click here to find the upgrades page... https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/account/upgrades
Would like to donate but when I click on it the message says “no upgrades available at this time.”

How about an airplane auction?

Why not keep the fundraiser open indefinitely?

@SCCutler would know for sure, but I believe non profits can only take in so much money above routine expenditures before they run afoul of the non profit laws. I used to be on the board of a non profit community theater, and we had to be mindful of having too much money in the bank.

What makes you think everyone would ban Greg?

Back