Air Wagner..... He’s baaaaackk.

Video has audio track but it’s blank...this reminds me of the missing audio on the Nixon tapes.
Looks like at the 13 minute mark he disengages the auto pilot and that’s where the fun begins, it appears he’s trying to climb above the smoke. Fortunately the stall is very benign, no wing drop just like you would expect from a Cessna.

He does a steep climb, a stall, and recovery, and still won't put his ******* hand on the ******* throttles.

Possible? Sure. Likely? Most definitely not.

I’m pretty speechless watching that. I read the comment about stall and assumed it was a joke. No joke. Holy crap. I thought he relied on avionics too much, but maybe he needs to let the plane fly MORE.

Thanks for the link! It appears the video has no audio track though. But you can see the incipient stall, left wing drop, etc... at around 12:25
Here's a screenshot from 13:26.

JerryStall.png

Copilot airspeed: well below white arc and falling (I can't make out the green arc)
Attitude indicators: both banked about 10 degrees left, pitch falling out of about 20 degrees nose up
Yoke: turned 45 degrees to the right, back pressure is not released until a few seconds later

I really need to get a Cessna 421. They are apparently very forgiving of bad airmanship. If I tried this in the Cub, I would be practicing my spin recovery technique.

What's amazing is how many of his acquaintances say what a great pilot he is, and that we are just jealous of him.
Yeah. That’s just plain funny. Nothing he does makes me jealous. I just hope he’s alone when he finally augers in. A recurring theme in his videos is poor aircraft control and pilot induced unusual attitudes anytime he’s IMC with the autopilot off. Very scary to watch

I like Jerry; he reminds me that even people dropped on their heads as babies can be successful at something. What that may be is beyond me.

It’s interesting that the knowledge and skill needed to safely demonstrate certain unusual and/or hazardous attitudes seems to grow exponentially between posted videos.

Holy crap. Like Mystery Science Theatre. That could be epic.

MST3K style with various cultures represented as commentators would be awesome.

Jerry comes barreling out of a cloud in a 60 degree bank and my nerd tech support friend from India shouts, “Do the needful Jerry!”

Dude from a southern US state just drawls slowly, “He’s gonna die. Hand me another beer.”

Etc. A vast cast of thousands.

MST3K was awesome but way too upper Midwestern. This has major potential if we globalize for our comedy. LOL.

New video up:
youtube.com/watch?v=J0GQ1Ps3UB4
@ t:11:00 He states he took down the previous video because of the "storm" over his comments at the beginning. The arrogance of this guy. It was because he put the plane into an unintentional stall, followed by an unusual attitude, after flying VFR into IMC. Not to mention his **** poor IFR clearance read-back.

Last edited:
From that latest video starting 10:50 - You guys are just one-handed-mouse-keyboard-drivers just waiting for something to jump all over.

I knew it! This group is just a bunch of wanna be pilots just waiting to jump all over a good pilot stalling his twin in IMC and recovering worse than a 4.8 hour student pilot.

then he blames taking the video down because of political comments? Lol.

And no mugs or t-shirts?? Cmon. Christmas is coming.

Doesn’t he always almost?

Dat bank angle downwind-2-base-2-final tho!

that is some gooooooood airmanship

Damn just watched to the end and even his passenger (wife?) seems terrified. The veins in the hand on the glare shield then “that was waaay too fast” Something she says about loosing another set of brakes.

It is almost like he has no clue how to fly that thing if the AP isn’t coupled to GPSS. Seriously. No clue. I don’t even have my multi and I can tell.

I watched this video when it was initially posted on reddit. As he tries to climb out in cruise power he announces ‘5000 fpm climb’ -with pride. right before he panicked a bit and just about stalled it.

Get it while you can
youtube.com/watch?v=e10fCgYiGW8

Got to the point where he criticized some pilot for radio work (lol) tried to sell a used car ( seriously) and then turned it off.

question from this video for y’all higher time pilots than me - are you supposed to call out “on takeoff roll” when accelerating halfway down the runway? I have never done this at towered or un-towered airports. Just want to make sure I didn’t miss anything in my training.

His autopilot didn’t catch the ILS, had to hand fly it, a bit erratic but no stalls or 60° turns.

Got to the point where he criticized some pilot for radio work (lol) tried to sell a used car ( seriously) and then turned it off.

question from this video for y’all higher time pilots than me - are you supposed to call out “on takeoff roll” when accelerating halfway down the runway? I have never done this at towered or un-towered airports. Just want to make sure I didn’t miss anything in my training.
No. You didn't miss anything. Jerry goes that extra mile when talking.

I like the bit where he does his run up and checks on the taxiway “to not clog up the guy in the run up bay” where there is loads of space. Sure someone rolling up in a turbine or jet will appreciate the blocked taxiway

I like the bit where he does his run up and checks on the taxiway “to not clog up the guy in the run up bay” where there is loads of space. Sure someone rolling up in a turbine or jet will appreciate the blocked taxiway
At Auburn? :D

it's really not that big a deal at a quiet nontowered field. There was a video in which the camera was focused on his clock just before and after the run-up break and someone pointed out it takes him less than a minute.

At Auburn? :D

it's really not that big a deal at a quiet nontowered field. There was a video in which the camera was focused on his clock just before and after the run-up break and someone pointed out it takes him less than a minute.
Ah. Didn’t realise it was that quiet a field. At my field you’d get a bollocking from tower if you did that.

Ah. Didn’t realise it was that quiet a field. At my field you’d get a bollocking from tower if you did that.
Yeah. It is a nontowered airport with only about 110 aircraft based there, none of them even a private jet. Jerry's one of very few twins. Busier than some similar ones (it is California, after all) but we're not talking jet flights on a tight schedule.

But sure, if it's a towered airport, especially with a dedicated runup area, pilots are expected to use it and not do their pre-takeoff checks on the taxiway.

Last edited:
Back