For Sale: Partnership Cirrus SR22 Atlanta PDK - partnership

Cirrus is at Covington (KCVC). I have put together brief description including avionics, rate, current location along with few pictures on "Our Airplanes" page on my website.

I don't have privileges to post links. I would appreciate if somebody can post the link to my website (my last name) here.

Hello Wayne, did you form the partnership? If not, will you be interested in using my Cirrus SR20 G2 (non equity partnership)

Nope. Looks like I didn’t update here.

One guy who was in early on realized he wasn’t flying much, so didn’t make sense to buy. A shame as he seemed like a really nice guy, including when I flew with him a couple times. Others didn’t have the money, “Are you open to a non-equity partner?”, or had low hours, no SR22 time and often no IR. Found insurance wasn’t pleased with the low time/no-time-in-type pilots. They would sell insurance, but with a really low liability number that the rest of us were not good with.

Then the other guy started working more, semi-retired, and not flying as much, so wasn’t as gung-ho.

So, I’ve put it off until 2019. Focusing on prepping our house to sell and most likely buying the next home before this one sells. So I’ll need our capital for painting/new carpet and even more so for the down payment on the new place. We’re in a pricey neighborhood, so sprucing things up for that. Plus tossing a lot of “stuff” out. It’s amazing how much “stuff” accumulates in 20 years. :eek:

Works out great as our middle daughter got in a car wreck, other person’s fault and her car wasn’t worth much. Since she’s into horses we got her a used truck instead of a used car. That took a chunk of change. Fortunately only the car was hurt. She and the dogs were fine.

My current plan is to start working on it again after we have downsized the home. Then my capital will be free’d up. It’s quite possible I could just buy a SR22 solo after that. I’d still prefer a partner or two, but I’ll have options.

As for your planes, they look nice and the prices are good. Unfortunately they are at least an hour drive in no traffic from me. I appreciate the info, but it won’t work well for me.

Nope. Looks like I didn’t update here.

One guy who was in early on realized he wasn’t flying much, so didn’t make sense to buy. A shame as he seemed like a really nice guy, including when I flew with him a couple times. Others didn’t have the money, “Are you open to a non-equity partner?”, or had low hours, no SR22 time and often no IR. Found insurance wasn’t pleased with the low time/no-time-in-type pilots. They would sell insurance, but with a really low liability number that the rest of us were not good with.

Then the other guy started working more, semi-retired, and not flying as much, so wasn’t as gung-ho.

So, I’ve put it off until 2019. Focusing on prepping our house to sell and most likely buying the next home before this one sells. So I’ll need our capital for painting/new carpet and even more so for the down payment on the new place. We’re in a pricey neighborhood, so sprucing things up for that. Plus tossing a lot of “stuff” out. It’s amazing how much “stuff” accumulates in 20 years. :eek:

Works out great as our middle daughter got in a car wreck, other person’s fault and her car wasn’t worth much. Since she’s into horses we got her a used truck instead of a used car. That took a chunk of change. Fortunately only the car was hurt. She and the dogs were fine.

My current plan is to start working on it again after we have downsized the home. Then my capital will be free’d up. It’s quite possible I could just buy a SR22 solo after that. I’d still prefer a partner or two, but I’ll have options.

As for your planes, they look nice and the prices are good. Unfortunately they are at least an hour drive in no traffic from me. I appreciate the info, but it won’t work well for me.
Please let me know if this post is still alive. A friend of mine forwarded this to me and I have a big interest in this kind of partnership. I have the capital, the experience, I was just looking for a more affordable way to have a plane for long weekends and I wouldn't need more than 90 hrs per year. I'm close to LZU, GVL and PDK would work. I'd be happy to share more info if anyone is still interested. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Please let me know if this post is still alive. A friend of mine forwarded this to me and I have a big interest in this kind of partnership. I have the capital, the experience, I was just looking for a more affordable way to have a plane for long weekends and I wouldn't need more than 90 hrs per year. I'm close to LZU, GVL and PDK would work. I'd be happy to share more info if anyone is still interested. Thanks and Happy New Year!

It's in hiatus at the moment. It was struggling along. Then my wife and I decided to get working on downsizing our house, which will include buying the next place before we sell our current home. That will soak up all the capital. Once we sell this house then I'll have the capital to buy a plane. At that point I'll put a harder push on getting it set-up. Current thought is we put the house on the market in March.

1. =mk p8 vb8ljkukk0t
    It's in hiatus at the moment. It was struggling along. Then my wife and I decided to get working on downsizing our house, which will include buying the next place before we sell our current home. That will soak up all the capital. Once we sell this house then I'll have the capital to buy a plane. At that point I'll put a harder push on getting it set-up. Current thought is we put the house on the market in March.
    OK, thank you. I'll be following the thread.

Hutch, I have variety of airplanes including Cirrus SR20, Piper Archer, Cherokee 235 etc. PM me if you are interested.

Hutch, I have variety of airplanes including Cirrus SR20, Piper Archer, Cherokee 235 etc. PM me if you are interested.
Hi Anil. I sent you a PM, or at least I think I did. If you don't get it let me know. Thanks for reaching out.

Wayne and Hutch ,

I’m looking for a partnership as well in the sr22. I’m open to either the turbo or NA version . I am an airline pilot and just sold my twin based at KLZU. Still have the hangar at the moment. I wasn’t using the twin enough and a 3 way partnership in the Cirrus would be a perfect fit . Have the money and ready to go. Email me if interested.

Christian
Pitchristian@yahoo.com

Wayne and Hutch ,

I’m looking for a partnership as well in the sr22. I’m open to either the turbo or NA version . I am an airline pilot and just sold my twin based at KLZU. Still have the hangar at the moment. I wasn’t using the twin enough and a 3 way partnership in the Cirrus would be a perfect fit . Have the money and ready to go. Email me if interested.

Christian
Pitchristian@yahoo.com
Have you talked to Anil yet? He has a SR 20 that is impeccable and he's got good rates. It was based in CVC but he is looking for a new hangar. If you still have your hangar in LZU maybe you two can make a deal. He has several planes based in LZU. I'll send him an email as well.

Wayne and Hutch ,

Christian
Pitchristian@yahoo.com

I'll keep in touch with you. We're actively working on downsizing. After that I'll be ready to buy. We're going to buy the next home before we sell this one, so that's going to soak up the capital in the meantime. We're packing up things right now for the painters starting tomorrow on the current house and seeing a potential one to buy on Tuesday. So, very active in the downsizing.

Hey gang- just wanted to introduce myself. My family recently moved back to Atlanta (lived in California for a few years) and I've been looking at an SR22. I'm a low-time instrument-rated pilot (~200 hours), no cirrus time yet. We're up in Marietta so RYY/PDK would be home base options for me. Is anyone out there still looking to join up? Hope to meet some of you soon around the airports. Best-

Hey gang- just wanted to introduce myself. My family recently moved back to Atlanta (lived in California for a few years) and I've been looking at an SR22. I'm a low-time instrument-rated pilot (~200 hours), no cirrus time yet. We're up in Marietta so RYY/PDK would be home base options for me. Is anyone out there still looking to join up? Hope to meet some of you soon around the airports. Best-

There are a couple of rental fleets at PDK that have SR22s. Aero Atlanta has some very spiffy G5s and G6s, with some spiffy prices. :eek: SkyBound has two G1 planes (2003 and 2004) at lower, but not cheap, prices.

I'd recommend doing the Cirrus Transition at one of them and getting some SR22 time. Insurance is going to want that. Your instrument rating will help. Getting some SR22 time will also help.

There are a couple of rental fleets at PDK that have SR22s. Aero Atlanta has some very spiffy G5s and G6s, with some spiffy prices. :eek: SkyBound has two G1 planes (2003 and 2004) at lower, but not cheap, prices.

I'd recommend doing the Cirrus Transition at one of them and getting some SR22 time. Insurance is going to want that. Your instrument rating will help. Getting some SR22 time will also help.

I just took my first transition flight in a Cirrus SR20 at Aero post PPL. Loved the airframe and find it a great fit for my future missions - but holy cow those rental prices and instruction fees are eye watering. I am interested in other Cirrus opportunities pre IFR ticket around Atlanta if available once the check out is complete.

I just took my first transition flight in a Cirrus SR20 at Aero post PPL. Loved the airframe and find it a great fit for my future missions - but holy cow those rental prices and instruction fees are eye watering. I am interested in other Cirrus opportunities pre IFR ticket around Atlanta if available once the check out is complete.

For the same rate you rent the SR22s at Skybound (at PDK). They are not as new and shiny as the SR20s at Aero Atlanta, but more performance.

I don't know what the requirements are for flying the SR22s. Typically most places require an Instrument Rating for that or similar planes. I know one can get insurance for a SR22 without an IR, but the the price goes up and the liability coverage goes down. That's why the IR is required at most places for "traveling" planes.

Have you started instrument training? Getting near finishing it?

I may have missed this opportunity however is anyone in this group still partner searching at KPDK or have hours they want to discuss sharing?

I ended up finding a LLC with a SR22 G2 that was looking for a third last fall. I bought into that. One of the owners is not a pilot and finally decided to move up to a turboprop. His share sold fairly easily. Now it's three pilots that fly the SR22. One potential buyer wanted AC, so did I, but.... He had already been talking with another pilot and they set-up their own LLC on a SR22 G3 with AC.

There are people out there. It can take a bit of time with no plane to find one or two to get it set-up. If you can afford to buy one in the short term and sell off shares that's a faster route. You do have to deal with the risk of buying too much or too little plane for other buyers though.

There was a group trying to form at PDK with 6 or 8 people to buy a SR22. One was a commercial airline pilot, so he may be out of the plane buying market for a while.

I ended up finding a LLC with a SR22 G2 that was looking for a third last fall. I bought into that. One of the owners is not a pilot and finally decided to move up to a turboprop. His share sold fairly easily. Now it's three pilots that fly the SR22. One potential buyer wanted AC, so did I, but.... He had already been talking with another pilot and they set-up their own LLC on a SR22 G3 with AC.

There are people out there. It can take a bit of time with no plane to find one or two to get it set-up. If you can afford to buy one in the short term and sell off shares that's a faster route. You do have to deal with the risk of buying too much or too little plane for other buyers though.

There was a group trying to form at PDK with 6 or 8 people to buy a SR22. One was a commercial airline pilot, so he may be out of the plane buying market for a while.

Wayne

Thanks for the information. Do you have any of the names of the 3 person group at PDk with the G3? Perhaps someone wants out or a 4th partner as that is right up my alley. Shawn

The 3 person group is the one I'm in at RYY. We had one share for sale, but it was recently purchased. The guy with the G3 is in a two person group, also at RYY.

The guys at PDK were working on a club sized group with 6 - 8 people to keep the costs down. Last I heard they hadn't gotten it all together, then COVID hit and at least one of the group was a pilot for one of the major airlines. I think the size could work against them on insurance, as they'll need commercial insurance and at least some of them probably don't have the Cirrus transition training or more than 100 hrs time-in-type.

Sorry that I wasn't very clear in the prior post.

I believe you were clear. I probably mixed up the PDK part. Can you pass along any of the 2 man G3 names and the 6-8 man PDK group so I can reach out and see if there are any opportunities? I really appreciate the help! Glad things have worked out for you.

Shawn, I’m one of the guys trying to get the 6-8 member “flying club” going with an SR22 in PDK. PM me your email address and I’ll add you to our email group. A few guys in the group are kind of “on hold” due to job uncertainty thanks to COVID. So, a purchase probably wouldn’t happen until next year, but you’re welcome to join the discussion group.

Thanks for the invite. I am new to this forum so I have not quite figured out how to PM you. Been looking through the site and don’t see it. Perhaps it is because I am new that limits my access?

I believe you were clear. I probably mixed up the PDK part. Can you pass along any of the 2 man G3 names and the 6-8 man PDK group so I can reach out and see if there are any opportunities? I really appreciate the help! Glad things have worked out for you.

PM sent with an email for the two person group. I think they like that it's only two people, but you can always start a conversation with them.

Shawn, I’m one of the guys trying to get the 6-8 member “flying club” going with an SR22 in PDK. PM me your email address and I’ll add you to our email group. A few guys in the group are kind of “on hold” due to job uncertainty thanks to COVID. So, a purchase probably wouldn’t happen until next year, but you’re welcome to join the discussion group.

I sent you a PM in case you are still looking for partners.

I'm interested in this. So far COVID has been kind to my job at Emory. PM me I there is still partnership opportunity.

I would be interested as well. PM me please. I would also be willing to consider less people in partnership, such as 3 or 4.

I would be interested as well. PM me please. I would also be willing to consider less people in partnership, such as 3 or 4.

I'm no longer part of that group, I decided to go on my own and build a Sling TSi. Great group of guys, but I felt like it was going to take too long for the club to come to fruition. I think @jfox1995 is in that group. I'd PM him your email address and he can probably add you to their email list.

I'm no longer part of that group, I decided to go on my own and build a Sling TSi. Great group of guys, but I felt like it was going to take too long for the club to come to fruition. I think @jfox1995 is in that group. I'd PM him your email address and he can probably add you to their email list.
That's awesome. I discovered the Sling a few months ago and really like what it has to offer. Will you be documenting your build?

That's awesome. I discovered the Sling a few months ago and really like what it has to offer. Will you be documenting your build?

Stay tuned for a series of videos, basically a video build manual, to be published from the factory. (I believe it will be published on the Sling Aircraft YouTube channel.) Anyway, my plane will be the one featured in that video series.

Hi Hutch, i’m in a nearly identical situation, PDK would be preferred. Care to discuss ?

Interested in a Sr22 partnership in either PDK or LZU. It seems most of those mentioned, might have been filled. Any interested parties or suggestions on where to find interested parties.

Interested in a Sr22 partnership in either PDK or LZU. It seems most of those mentioned, might have been filled. Any interested parties or suggestions on where to find interested parties.

Hi Robert I've spoken to a few people interested in starting something but COVID has slowed the progress a bit. I will send you a PM with additional information.

Jim

I am an IFR pilot in Atlanta and would be interested in a sr22 partnership out of PDK. Please let me know where things stand

- Tim

I am an IFR pilot in Atlanta and would be interested in a sr22 partnership out of PDK. Please let me know where things stand

- Tim
The thread you replied to is extremely out of date.

better if you started a fresh one.

Hi Robert I've spoken to a few people interested in starting something but COVID has slowed the progress a bit. I will send you a PM with additional information.

Jim

- Tim

Toss out some specifics / parameters. One group that was trying to form in 2019 (COVID job impacts derailed it) was for 8 people. They were looking at a G1 or maybe a G2.

Others may want a 2 or 3 person group with a G5.

Very different costs and equity contributions.

Toss out some specifics / parameters. One group that was trying to form in 2019 (COVID job impacts derailed it) was for 8 people. They were looking at a G1 or maybe a G2.

Others may want a 2 or 3 person group with a G5.

G6 sr22 4 people. Not sure how to start a fresh thread new to platform

Very different costs and equity contributions.

Back