PIREP: Subway BBQ Pork sandwich

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
Found this new sammich when I went on the website to order lunch.

Very much like McDonald's McRib in that the pork patties are pressed and dipped or covered with a BBQ sauce that is more on the tangy/bitter side than sweet. I got all the toppings I could and I would still only give it a 6-7 out of 10 score. I prefer the sweeter sauce. It was just as sloppy as McD's but not quite as good. Edible. BBQ if you are disparate. lol

Found this new sammich when I went on the website to order lunch.

Very much like McDonald's McRib in that the pork patties are pressed and dipped or covered with a BBQ sauce that is more on the tangy/bitter side than sweet. I got all the toppings I could and I would still only give it a 6-7 out of 10 score. I prefer the sweeter sauce. It was just as sloppy as McD's but not quite as good. Edible. BBQ if you are disparate. lol

Baby steps. Clearly, myself and @denverpilot need to educate you on preparing properly verbose rants and reviews. But it's a good start. I applaud you. You are like the student pilot that finally caved in to that first visit to the flight school.

Oh and for the record, I give the McRib a 2. I give the airshow concessionaires 'rib sandwiches' a 3, just because there is more of it. I mean, I rated both, so you know I had to try them. But my standards are low. Enough alcohol, enough munchie, McRib, watch out.

Pork prices must be down. That’s generally when the McRib comes back out.

I think you're right. Time for me to stock up on some ribs. Real actual ones. Not Tortinos ribs.

Baby steps. Clearly, myself and @denverpilot need to educate you on preparing properly verbose rants and reviews. But it's a good start. I applaud you. You are like the student pilot that finally caved in to that first visit to the flight school.

Oh and for the record, I give the McRib a 2. I give the airshow concessionaires 'rib sandwiches' a 3, just because there is more of it. I mean, I rated both, so you know I had to try them. But my standards are low. Enough alcohol, enough munchie, McRib, watch out.
I thank you for the encouragement and I await further training.:D

Baby steps. Clearly, myself and @denverpilotI give the McRib a 2. I give the airshow concessionaires 'rib sandwiches' a 3, just because there is more of it. I mean, I rated both, so you know I had to try them. But my standards are low. Enough alcohol, enough munchie, McRib, watch out.
Out of 10, or out of 100?

Living in NC, I don't have to go near any of these outlets to get decent pork.

I surprisingly like the veggie patty sandwich. I’m normally not into that stuff but it’s very tasty with the chipotle sauce.

I can't think of much I'd less like to have than BBQ at Subway.

Planning to fire up the smoker when the rain moves out of here (probably tomorrow) and smoking the rack that's currently sitting in my fridge.

I surprisingly like the veggie patty sandwich. I’m normally not into that stuff but it’s very tasty with the chipotle sauce.
Yeah I’ve had that awhile back and it was decent.

Subways slogan ‘Eat Fresh’ always cracks me up, because it’s not even close to being fresh. Lol

16B4077C-04A2-4C1C-8DD5-7F2E2124E1E9.jpeg This pork is goin’ in my pie hole...as soon as the potatoes, onions, and eggs are finished.

Edit : almost there

01CAEE69-38BE-4CD3-97A8-DFFD5DD1AEFC.jpeg

Closer:
13BB4246-6587-4AE2-B9B0-CE34B1D70208.jpeg

Ok, so I broke a yolk.

746ECB05-221A-4B3E-9E9B-EB5BB2519FC7.jpeg

Last edited:
You know it's artery clogging food when you can hold the plate sideways and it doesn't slide off.

Made me go look at the Subway menu. I was kind of hoping I could add a pulled pork BBQ to a salad. Unless they have a secret menu, that doesn't seem to be an option. Oh well.

Maybe a cold-cut sub at a barbecue place.

Nauga,
and the sous chef at Denny's
Hey...

one of our local bbq joints has salads. Of course it’s a little chopped lettuce topped with lots of meat.

Maybe a cold-cut sub at a barbecue place.

Nauga,
and the sous chef at Denny's
I don't even want a cold cut sub at Subway. Around here, those are bread sandwiches.

"Where's the meat?!?"

Subway's chop meat is so poor quality, those days when it was either Subway, or the hospital cafeteria, I'd insist on the sliced turkey, instead of their chicken or "carving board" turkey. I don't even want to think about the kind of leavings that end up in their pulled-pork. No thanks!

Now that I'm retired from the hospital, I no longer eat at Subway, ever!

Need to pick up a rack for next weekend, I feel the need for ribs.

Ribs always were too much work eating for little reward for me. A good smoked chopped brisket or a smoked link is my choice.

Cheers

Ribs always were too much work eating for little reward for me. A good smoked chopped brisket or a smoked link is my choice.

Cheers

Depends on how meaty the ribs are. The last ones I did four or five bones was a meal!

Back