Everyone is buying planes

Roadracin

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Roadracin
Every new plane I’ve looked at in the last two weeks has sold. Seven Cirrus, a few bonanza’s and more. It’s crazy

I bought one last month. Same logic as everyone else. When I travel, I would rather not sit in a sealed tube with 60 of my closest friends.

Boats are the same. I went to a dealer lot on July and they said "we got nothing to sell."

It's the weather, summer, when every one wants to fly.

7) million dollar planes still seems surprising

Depends on where you live. Weather is crap in the Southeast this time of year, especially here in Florida. In November, every day will be CAVU.

Planes, RVs, Boats, and most any toy in general is a seller's market and absolute boom right now.

You better have cash in hand and ready to make a decision right then and there in person to make a deal or you will loose out.

I have a wakeboard boat that is 12 years old and just saw two other same year listed for only $6k under what I paid OTD for new!...Just sold travel trailer and Jeep and likely gonna offload the boat as well to cash in on the frenzy since I hardly use it any more.

You better have cash in hand and ready to make a decision right then and there in person to make a deal or you will loose out.

which is a potentially disastrous way to buy an airplane. I’ll wait.

Where do you live?
Here in Fl, I only fly in the summer because the airplane likes it. I pretty much hate it. But that will change when I save enough to put in that Air Conditioner.

Don’t worry there will be plenty of ramp queens to go around soon. People are digging their grandpas airplane out of the barn now that prices are going up and people are buying them left and right. In a couple hundred hours the engines will be toast and they will be left for dead.

Considering how the economy looks from the outside, we’re not seeing it from the inside. People are spending money like it’s going out of style. Wild. And great. But it’s Made it harder for buyers

I bought a plane 2 months ago. Sold one too. It's a tough market to be buying.

which is a potentially disastrous way to buy an airplane. I’ll wait.

...of course with contingencies and inspections but if you are an indecisive tire kicker that has to weigh all your options and take 3 trips to look at the plane again while discussing with your wife after you sleep on it you are going to loose out in this market to someone who is prepared to make a deal on the spot.

Last edited:
I feel personally attacked by this ;)

I apologize. There was no offense intended from me. I was trying to repurpose a saying I have heard the commercial real estate brokers use.

Where do you live?
Here in Fl, I only fly in the summer because the airplane likes it. I pretty much hate it. But that will change when I save enough to put in that Air Conditioner.

Your airplane doesn’t like to fly unless it’s over 85°?
Usually it’s the opposite?

...of course with contingencies and inspections but if you are an indecisive tire kicker that has to weigh all your options and take 3 trips to look at the plane again while discussing with your wife after you sleep on it you are going to loose out in this market to someone who is prepared to make a deal on the spot.

I found the one I wanted about 6 weeks ago. Drove down, met the seller, looked it over, shook hands on a deal, and sent a deposit on PayPal 2 days later. Then we wrote a purchase agreement and I arranged for a thorough pre-buy. Tweaked the deal a bit after the pre-buy, and closed 2 weeks ago. This was my first solo airplane buy, and it scared the crap out of me, but I'm flying and I'm happy. I'm sure I could have found some red flag to scare me off, and I'd still be looking at Trade-A-Plane. I'm glad I didn't. Have put 20 hours on it in 2 weeks. That's a whole lotta flying for an aerobatic taildragger. :)

Back