Any chance of adding a new forum: Flight Simulation?

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
There always seems to be a discussion somewhere of flight simulation, flight simulators, etc. and they are scattered all over this site. If you had a flight simulation forum, it would help members track and discuss flight simulation. If possible, all the existing flight simulation discussions could be moved to the new forum.

Thanks

As an aside...does anyone know if there's any good forum simulation software?

Maybe..... Flight Stimulation?

You sure PoA isn’t a sim? :)
Well, you gotta wonder why all of the local FSDO inspectors are wearing black suits with skinny ties, have a curly cue thing in their ear, pack Deagles, and address each of us as "Mr. Anderson."

Well, you gotta wonder why all of the local FSDO inspectors are wearing black suits with skinny ties, have a curly cue thing in their ear, pack Deagles, and address each of us as "Mr. Anderson."

That’s the Mods. They look good in suits. LOL

This topics seems to ebb and flow too much for a dedicated forum IMO. Really just seems to come up when a new sim comes out and then it dies off.

I hope not. This is Pilots of America, not Video Game Enthusiasts of America. That said, I bet the video game forums are way more entertaining than this one.

There always seems to be a discussion somewhere of flight simulation, flight simulators, etc. and they are scattered all over this site. If you had a flight simulation forum, it would help members track and discuss flight simulation. If possible, all the existing flight simulation discussions could be moved to the new forum.

Thanks
I think Reddit has that topic pretty well covered

To my knowledge none of the other forums are targeted toward real pilots using flight simulators. The topics and information discussed here would probably be rather different than an existing flight sim forum. If it's added, no one is going to force you to read it.

To my knowledge none of the other forums are targeted toward real pilots using flight simulators. The topics and information discussed here would probably be rather different than an existing flight sim forum. If it's added, no one is going to force you to read it.
This gets right down to the brass tacks of it. At the end of the day, there are those pilots who use and enjoy flight simulators, and there are those who do not. Those who do, tend to view them as rewarding additions to their aviation related diets. Those who do not tend to view them as games, for kids, who play games, and are not real pilots.

Those who do not enjoy flight simulators are never going to want a sim forum because they won't want a bunch of sim kids coming in and asking stupid questions on their real pilots forum. Of course, if a sim kid wanted to ask a real pilot a question, there is absolutely nothing stopping them from googling to find a real pilot forum, creating an account and asking away. And yet, that doesn't really happen.

I seem to recall one of the arguments against creating an aviation mishaps sub-forum was that it would lead to non-pilots finding the forum through google searches and then creating accounts and asking a bunch of dumb questions. It doesn't really seem like that turned out to be much of a problem though. I would expect the same would be the case for a flight sim sub forum if it were to be created but that's just my hunch.

I hope not. This is Pilots of America, not Video Game Enthusiasts of America.

My vote on this as well (shocking, Michael and I agree on something). As the king of the "thinking about" threads (none of which are aviation related), I can say there's nothing preventing anyone from talking about flight sim programs/games on the forum today. I might even post a thread on video game consoles in a bit.

But just as there's no dedicated section to tractors, boats, or RVs on here, I don't think there's a need to dedicate to flight sim, even if that's technically more related to flight than RVs.

I don't think there's a need to dedicate to flight sim, even if that's technically more related to flight than RVs.
Not just technically, it is aviation related. I am 100% confident I could not have gotten my private cert done in the 45 hours that I did if it hadn't been for my heavy use of MS flight sim during my training. It was a very real tool that I used to good effect during my training. But its your forum to do with as you wish and if your opinion is that sim software is not aviation related enough or even just that its something you don't want to have a sub forum for, that's completely valid I totally support your decision.

Back