ForeFlight Subscription

Utah-Jay

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jay
Mine is about to run out, are they like XM who offer deals/beg you to come back if you don’t renew?

I am on Basic and gonna upgrade to Pro Plus, but always looking for a deal.... I am a pilot after all ;)

I have not seen any price breaks on ForeFlight. I just renewed my Foreflight for another year (grudgingly, mind you!). My friend, who's a flight school operator, said he get's some kind of special deal to offer a few people each year to get lifetime subscriptions to FlyQ from Seattle Avionics. If I ever get the chance, I'm gonna snag one of those and let FF expire.

Along these lines and hopefully not a thread hijack.. which subscription to y'all have? I have Pro Plus and am pretty happy with it... but seems like the new features they come out with go into the Performance Plus level. Not sure I want to spend $300/yr for that.

Along these lines and hopefully not a thread hijack.. which subscription to y'all have? I have Pro Plus and am pretty happy with it... but seems like the new features they come out with go into the Performance Plus level. Not sure I want to spend $300/yr for that.

Hijack all you want as I have my answer... POA is the poster child for hijacks :)

Good point. You guys like high-wing or low-wing? Or Bonanza? And if I had four DWIs in three months, can I get a medical?

All these features they add, I look at them once and realize they really serve no real purpose.

Good point. You guys like high-wing or low-wing? Or Bonanza? And if I had four DWIs in three months, can I get a medical?

if you go high wing and Sport Pilot you’ll be fine

I'd be a Bonanza convert if they ever came out with a high wing version, fer shuuwer.

A couple of times a year for major events, most recently about a month ago for virtual KOSH, they offer a deal. But it typically involves new subscribers to their highest level "Performance Plus" subscription. If I recall, last year it was an extra three months. This year, they tossed in the US Jepp chart package fir a year.

I struggle renewing with FF every year (at basic) but I still do.

FlyQ - from Seattle Avionics - is what I am trying to make myself switch to. I got in on their "black friday" deal a few years ago - and I now have lifetime subscriptions to everything from them. It is/was a great deal - spend $XXX.XX dollars and I get FlyQ, plus subscriptions for any charts etc for any of the boxes they support. Which to me, was cool as I just upgraded my panel and while I didn't get what I wanted - I got a great improvement - but - if I switch my King to an Avidyne or Garmin - I have charts. --- OR --- if I win the lottery and get another plane --- and it has a different stack - I get charts for free. So to me, the "black friday" deal was great.

Dean

My wife is a Boeing employee and asked FF if she can get a discount...they said no. Boo Guess I need to become a CFI to get a break haha

I have not seen any price breaks on ForeFlight. I just renewed my Foreflight for another year (grudgingly, mind you!). My friend, who's a flight school operator, said he get's some kind of special deal to offer a few people each year to get lifetime subscriptions to FlyQ from Seattle Avionics. If I ever get the chance, I'm gonna snag one of those and let FF expire.

I got the FlyQ lifetime deal last fall and couldn't be happier with it. I don't think there is anything that I'm missing by having it rather than foreflight and I absolutely hate having a subscription service. With the lifetime deal, it makes me feel like I bought the program instead of renting it.

My academic institution offers discounted pro plus memberships to students. I think I got 40% off this year.

Father of a FF employee...and no deal

I know a nonprofit that is considering offering an annual subscription to FF as a raffle item..... just sayin'

I have a renewal deal right now, but it's regular price, 1 month free. Not sure that's really a deal or just "do it at the beginning of the month and you get 13 months".

Didn’t it used to be around $89 and have most of the same core features?

another long time fly Q user here. Did the black friday lifetime thing a few years ago. I have maybe 1 more year to go to make the investment "payoff" in savings.

Both CFIs and students, at least students who go to a college with aviation programs, get the discount.

The other way to get a discount is to get iTunes gift cards at a discount on Black Friday. Last year I got two $100 cards for $70 each, something like that, and used those. Add those to your iTunes account and it'll hold on your account until you renew. It definitely helps.

For one who flies less that 100 hrs/year, FltPlanGo works for me. It's free.

I got put out with them a few years ago and told them I wanted to go and they were perfectly good with that. Ended up renewing anyway. After almost ten years of familiarization I’m not ready to learn something different. They’re an independent bunch. About the only bonus I ever got from them was the free 30 day trial period in 2011.

So, that's why my instructor recommended FF. Their marketing strategy, revealed.
Considering what everything else in GA costs, $99 *a year* seems like small potatoes - compared to $180/hour for dual time.

Not really. Other competitors are free. And the instructor gets nothing for referrals.

Recommending ForeFlight is more like the IT joke that nobody ever got fired for buying Cisco/IBM/pick a giant company in the biz.

You can bring paper maps for all I care. As long as your gadget shows the entire chart including the legends, and you know how to drive it, so I don’t have to figure out your buttonology for ya... use whatever you like.

If I gotta teach the gadget, it’ll be one of the three I’ve used enough to know.

The gadget ain’t the star of the show.

Reactions: smv
You can upgrade and downgrade as often as you’d like. Since I only fly up to Canada once a year (or in the case of 2020, none a year), I typically upgrade to the Canada package before the trip and then downgrade after I return home.

Back