I am a Pilot!!!

Awesome. Years from now you will look back, see your masks on, and still think only of the incredible feeling you felt, holding that piece of paper!

Woohoo! Now fly and continue to learn! And ENJOY a privilege few get to exercise.

Thank you everyone. It was a long journey; driving 2 hours 43 minutes to the airport each way for training. Another hiccup was due to me living so far from the airport, the time change in January thru May affected my flight times significantly. Additionally, 2 weeks before my checkride, the plane I had been training in was sold for a new plane. So I sucked it up and started over again in a new plane.

The reason I tell you this?

To all the students reading this; stay focused, dedicated, and continue with your quest. Do not be discouraged.

Ask yourself: How bad do I want this?

Last edited:
Good deal and great encouragement for others. I have a friend that's at the beginning of the journey and has hit a few obstacles. He became discouraged a while back but it seems he's back on the trail now. Ready to take his ground school test and has a plane and instructor (or two) lined up. I'll tell him your story ...

Congratulations on your minty-fresh certificate! As others have written, get out there and bore holes in that blue sky! ;)

Congratulations Captain.

For future reference, it is "I are a pilot".

Back