G5/430 not testing

Paveslave53

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Paveslave53
So when I power on my 430 and it goes to the self test for the half up center left right I’m getting no glide path on the test on my G5.I shot an LPV today and had no vertical guidance on my G5. Thoughts ?

It must be a 430W to get vertical guidance on gps approaches. If it is a W, go into config mode and make sure Enable Labels is set in the main ARINC setup.

Ok I will give it a go this morning.

Last edited:
And the self test for VORs will also not show on the g5 because it computes the info rather than the 430, and ignores the indications from the 430.

So it wasn’t selected in the config on the 430, thanks for the help ! Now I just gotta figure out how to make my G5 wind data show arrows instead of just HW and CW letters

So it wasn’t selected in the config on the 430, thanks for the help ! Now I just gotta figure out how to make my G5 wind data show arrows instead of just HW and CW letters
That's easy. Long hold on the button and go to the appropriate menu. Pretty intuitive.

It doesn’t show up in the menus.

Got it how dumb ...... I was looking in the config pages all along it was a omg moment .... thanks

Back