Free Private and Instrument Ground School

Scottman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Scottman
Thought I'd pass along that the flight school I teach at is offering a free 8 week online (via Zoom) ground school for Instrument students (or those wanting to refresh) and a 10 week private pilot ground school starting Monday. No strings attached, just giving back to the community. They did it at the start of Covid and it was really popular, so they're doing it again.

You can find out more information here.

Hope some here find it useful/helpful.

Last edited:
Scottman: where are you located? It sounds like a great deal for any students that live near you.

gary

Scottman: where are you located? It sounds like a great deal for any students that live near you.

gary

It's actually online via Zoom (should have added that). The last time our school did it there were pilots from all over the world "attending" online.

Hi! Thank you for posting this! I wanted one episode today. Does what you teach pretty much apply to all?

Hi! Thank you for posting this! I wanted one episode today. Does what you teach pretty much apply to all?
Not quite sure what you're asking, but one ground school is for private pilot (ASEL) and the other is instrument (IRA). While I am a CFI/II, I'm not actually the one teaching the courses... it's just being offered for free at my flight school.

Im sorry, didnt want to sound dumb, but can I apply this to my PPL classes I am taking? I am going to take my first ground school class this Friday, wanted to be ready.

Which would you recommend to start with? It seems I could only find the IFR vids

Which would you recommend to start with? It seems I could only find the IFR vids
The videos up currently are from the last IFR from earlier this year. The new PPL ground starts tomorrow live via Zoom.

Thank you!! Perfect timing for me! This past November-February, I took Gleim online ground school and took a bunch of practice tests, but never went to take the exam. Just got too busy with work. I got lucky and we did not slow down working from home.

A few weeks ago, we went on a trip with a friend in his plane and the bug bit again. Been reading and catching up on the more complicated stuff these past 2 weeks. This would be a great pre-test review so I can go take the exam!

The videos up currently are from the last IFR from earlier this year. The new PPL ground starts tomorrow live via Zoom.

Thank you so much! I currently work 15 hour days and will not be able to watch it live today, but I will check out the recording. Thank you so much!!!

Thank you!! Perfect timing for me! This past November-February, I took Gleim online ground school and took a bunch of practice tests, but never went to take the exam. Just got too busy with work. I got lucky and we did not slow down working from home.

A few weeks ago, we went on a trip with a friend in his plane and the bug bit again. Been reading and catching up on the more complicated stuff these past 2 weeks. This would be a great pre-test review so I can go take the exam!

Awesome! I hope you get a lot out of them!

Back