$200 Hamburger Suggestions in ATL Area

WDD

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Vintage Snazzy (so my adult children say)
Hello - looking for suggestions for places to fly to. Relatively new Pilot, I've been putzing from KRYY (Kennesaw GA NE of Atlanta) to KAHN (Athens GA).

Any suggestions for a nice place to fly for a lunch / late breakfast on a Saturday or occasional day off during the week?

Thanks!

KLZU: Flying Machine
KGMU: Downwind Cafe

I think there's also a place at PDK

GA2 Peachstate Aerodrome. Have to land on grass and a bit of a slope, but great restaurant and museum.

The Runway Cafe at GMU is good. They were open several weeks ago when we did a flyin there.

The Downwind Restaurant at PDK shows as closed on GoogleMaps. Their website doesn't show that though.

If you want to go farther there are a couple of places in the coast. Jekyll Island, 09J, has bikes to rent and Red Bug Motor vehicles, but they are pricey.

Southern Soul BBQ is a very short walk from the FBO at St Simons, SSI. Monkey Wrench is a bike shop nearby that rents bikes and you can go to more places, or get an Uber ride in.

Wayne

Did the place at Winder ever open back up?

I will second Runway Cafe at KGMU - ate there this past Sunday for lunch. Also very good food at Barnstormers at Peach State (GA2) if you are comfortable landing on grass (and not the smoothest at that). I can also second the recommendation for Southern Soul BBQ at St. Simons (KSSI). All very good choices. Also had a nice lunch back before COVID at Rib Country BBQ in Blairsville - flew in to KDZJ and used their courtesy car. Good ribs.

Hello - looking for suggestions for places to fly to. Relatively new Pilot, I've been putzing from KRYY (Kennesaw GA NE of Atlanta) to KAHN (Athens GA).

Any suggestions for a nice place to fly for a lunch / late breakfast on a Saturday or occasional day off during the week?

Thanks!
The Beacon Drive In in Spartanburg, SC is a hoot (kind of like the Varsity next to Georgia Tech - but better [IMHO]). Not on the airport (KSPA) - but not too far away. Otherwise, as others have said,
the Runway Cafe at Greeneville Muni.

Dave

KPIM has a crew car and Callaway area has some fun restaurants.
KEUF in Eufaula has a crew car and restaurants (I suggest you overfly the state park nearby on the Georgia side that has the canyons)
KHMP is a NC landing in your logbook and a great pizza and craft beer (for pax) spot very close by crew car
Blairsville is a fun approach and crew car to Saw Mill Place for brunch will affect your W&B.
Agree on Peachstate and KGMU (my kid loves the aviation themed park on the field).

KHMP is a NC landing in your logbook and a great pizza and craft beer (for pax) spot very close by crew car

I think the ID here is a typo. HMP is down by Atlanta Motor Speedway.

KRHP - Restaurants on the river at Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC). Call for crew car availability. Last time I have been there, the airport manager let us borrow his car.

As I posted in the burger wars post... Bad Daddy's Burger Bar is a short crew car ride from PDK. I recommend Atlantic. They have plenty of cars.

Last edited:
Back