A bit of amusement....

There are only two people that can add remarks to an airport's 5010: the airport manager, and the FAA. I wonder who did in this case?

There are only two people that can add remarks to an airport's 5010: the airport manager, and the FAA. I wonder who did in this case?

probably not the case, but it's easy enough on AirNav's end to put in their own comments during the page generation of the airport.

probably not the case, but it's easy enough on AirNav's end to put in their own comments during the page generation of the airport.

I was always under the impression they kept to the official FAA data, at least for the airport information. Obviously they add the FBO and other data.

That's what I was thinkin, it's just an AirNav thang. But lo and behold, it's in the AF/D

Must be one strong willed mean person.

OMG. Seeing a reference Hooper Bay brings back some wild memories...

I landed 90 degrees to the runway on the ramp there...

The manager and owner are the same guy. He no doubt got tired of being called to come out and assist someone after they got in and needed help after finding their plane couldn't handle the 1200' "rutted sod" surface in a gusty crosswind. :cryin:

A lot of folks in that area just want (need) to be left alone and don't want strangers around. Alaska is not called the end of the road for nothing...

Would be funny if it said, "the airport manager is Grumpy. Sleepy runs the FBO, and Dopey runs the maintenance shop."

Back