Select Aircraft sales

Wondered the same when I was browsing some of their ads a while back. Just got the sketchy used car dealer vibe.

That was what I was thinking. I've never seen an ad from them until recently. I'm hoping some one on here may have dealt with them.

Yeah, I was wondering about their aircraft sales actually. If anyone has bought a plane from them.

I particularly liked the "NDA requested if talk gets deep" quote at the end. Gave me real warm fuzzies.

I think it’s actually quite helpful to list planes with ideas about financing. Does have used care sale vibe. But they have some nice planes on there. If they Prebuy good there might be some deals to be had.
That creepy pic is hilarious though.

I liked this gem at the bottom of the home page:

"Aircraft images may be sister-ships with actual images prior to contract, for illustration purposes only. Pricing subject to final seller approval and all aircraft are subject to prior sale or being withdrawn from the market at any time."

They are admitting they are selling planes they do not own or do not have a contract to sell.

Yeah, that one picture with Vegas in the caption just screams, "use us to rent a plane and a whore!"

Wait, but there's a fish on the page. That definitely makes them wholesome, right?

EDIT: This gem, too: "Bitcoin paid (at you option) or gladly accepted"

Yeah, pretty much the feeling you get looking at it. I've never seen any other broker with 'used car' terms listed. If it sounds too good to be true...

They offer 100% financing!? They're playing with other people's money.

It’s not about the airplanes the money is in the financing.

Has anyone every dealt with these guys before?

selectairinc.com

Reputable?
I have not purchased a plane from Select Aircraft, but have used them to sell my 62 Cessna 182 and then a Beech Musketeer. The 182 sold in a couple of weeks of being listed and the Musketeer took about a month. In both cases the transactions were smooth and I got very close (the Musketeer) and the asking price for my 182. Hope this helps

So looking at the posts it appears no one has purchased an airplane from them.

I particularly liked the "NDA requested if talk gets deep" quote at the end. Gave me real warm fuzzies.

That doesn't bother me nearly as much as the "(if needed)" next to "Management in place" to let you know that they will happily fire everyone on request.

Has anyone actually done business with them or are you all just making comments. I actually have two friends that have bought planes from them with no issue.

Sure you can if it's a scam or sketchy business model and they're ripping people off. Not suggesting this one is, just saying in general.

I made 2 inquiries to them on a Beech Sport a few weeks ago, email got no response then called and got voice mail with never a response. Several days later plane was listed on TAP as sale pending, but still listed on their website as available... And all these weeks later I've still never heard back from them.

I'm not saying they're shady, but that's a strange way to run a business when someone is coming to you looking to make a purchase.

I inquired about a Seneca and gave me a bunch of pics and logs, but was trying to push the sell and handle the pre-buy. I told him (through email) that have a bud that can come check it out but seemed very pushy seeing is how I hadn’t even seen the actual airplane by me or at least a proxy. Plane is still on TAP but would like to know if they are reputable or not.

What impact does “aircraft deregistered” have on the ability to sell an airplane?

I think it depends on how you are buying it. Financing my person looks at engines and logs. I guess if you buy cash it’s on the buyer. Pure speculation thought

What impact does “aircraft deregistered” have on the ability to sell an airplane?

It won’t impact the ability to sell unless you consider a test flight prior to purchase an absolute necessity.

Nothing on the sale but it can definitely affect the registration of the aircraft for the new owner depending on the reason for the previous "deregistration". Most dealers will obtain a dealer's certificate for the aircraft to keep the registration active and the chain of ownership intact. Unfortunately after the sale any registration issues become the new owners problem and not the sellers problem.

Last edited:
I was looking at the M20C they have - the owner quite registering the plane. Google tells me that his wife died in 2016, so I suspect he moved in with children and didn't update an address, hence the registration cards were returned. So now it's a plane that's been sitting a while AND a registration to deal with. Too much ickiness on that for me.

I made 2 inquiries to them on a Beech Sport a few weeks ago, email got no response then called and got voice mail with never a response. Several days later plane was listed on TAP as sale pending, but still listed on their website as available... And all these weeks later I've still never heard back from them.

I'm not saying they're shady, but that's a strange way to run a business when someone is coming to you looking to make a purchase.

The insane market has overwhelmed salesmen. I have “cash in hand” to buy a fully loaded Polaris UTV. I cannot get a salesman to call me back. I have “cash in hand” to build a new 24x40 garage and I CANNOT get a contractor to call me back OR tell me that they can do the job before winter (this includes the Steel buildings built by illegals). Just be patient and be ready with a down payment and/or verified funds to pay ASAP. My Mooney effectively sold in five minutes after it posted on Barnstormers a couple months ago.

Back