What to expect AFTER regaining medical

H

Help

I had a little anxiety trouble a year ago and have since regained my medical. My HIMS AME deferred the app and the entire history was disclosed including all psych notes and a HIMS psych evalm.

OKC issued a normal 1st class medical with a warning/explanation letter.

My current AME Is getting older, so I’m curious how seeing a new doc for the first time will play out when he retires. I have about 55 more medical before retirement.

A consult will occur before the live exam with the next AME. Generally speaking I’m wondering if checking the Anxiety box and stating PRNC will be enough... or am I looking at more HIMS psychiatrist visits for the next 30 years?

Did you have any additional troubles in the past year? Is there any language in the letter that leads you to believe they want to revisit this? If they wanted you to come back, they would gone the SI route.

If you're holding a normal 1st class, I would expect that it's behind you, but that's just the opinion of SGOTI. The fact that they've issued a normal 1st class indicates they're satisfied.

No indication that the FAA wants more info. If symptoms return then that’s another story.

Current AME said that he doesn’t want me to see anyone. As you said, he stated that if the FAA wanted me to be monitored or evaluated with some frequency then they would have done a SI.

I’m just wondering if my explanation letter and PRNC will be enough for my future AME.

I’m just wondering if my explanation letter and PRNC will be enough for my future AME.
My suggestion is to bring a copy of EVERYthing, properly organized in a manilla folder.

By brining everything that was presented to original AME, sent in to the FAA, and what the FAA sent back to you, you are providing the new AME with the full picture of has happened before and where you stand now.

Hopefully the AME will be happy with that and say he can renew your medical with zero fuss.

I took my SI paperwork for my "not valid for any class after 12 months" checkup. The last thing I wanted to do is see the dolt that screwed up my medical to begin with again. The new AME (which came recommended) had no problem reading the stuff the FAA had sent and asked me a few "you're still OK" questions and approved me for another year. He also was the one who wrote that the previous SI was based on (his words) "a ******** diagnosis" and I think that woke up the FAA finally and they decided I didn't have the condition they were claiming I had and put me back on regular issuance (with a silly, well if you ever do get the condition, stop flying and let us know).

So, get a new AME, but make sure it is a good one.

IF the letter says "you have been found eligible" for the XTH class certificate and your certificate has no "not valid for any class after (date)" notation, then you bring the letter with you to the next AME, and he should issue you if otherwise qualified.

IF the letter says "you have been found eligible" for the XTH class certificate and your certificate has no "not valid for any class after (date)" notation, then you bring the letter with you to the next AME, and he should issue you if otherwise qualified.
"Should" being the operative word. I had a couple of PRNC on my last medical form when I went to a new AME. My prior "hard case" AME had issued in office after talking to OKC, so I thought why drive all the way out to him for the next one, and went to the guy closer to me. New AME questioned me about the PRNC, and said he had to have all the documentation in HIS files. Fortunately I had time to jump through his hoops and he did issue me. I could have avoided that by going back to the original guy. If you can't, you might want to request your records from your current AME and have those in addition to the FAA letter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back