Deaf Co-Pilot

Very sorry to hear that. Very few things will make me tear up in this world, but having to put a beloved dog down is about #1 on the list. Hank (who I mentioned early in this thread and also has hearing loss) is still kicking along, just turned 14 this month. He still gets in playful moods, but rarely has enough stamina to do much more than roam around the house or the adjoining properties each day. I dread the day when I'm in your same position.

So sorry for your loss... I've got an Aussie that isn't here for much longer... And I know it's coming.. fortunately, she doesn't.

Sure seems I've had a lot of canine friends that I've outlived... And I miss em all... I really hate that our dogs don't get to grow old with us...

On the other hand, they keep us younger, longer...

Sorry to babble on...

I'm really sorry to hear that Ed :(. There's nothing worse than losing your best friend.

Sorry for your loss Ed, I had to put my 13 yo black lab down 6 months ago. I miss her everyday.

Dang. That sucks, man. Reading that made me have flashbacks of when I took Schnapps in a few years ago. Very similar scenario... One day he just got to the point he couldn't get up on his own. He was 14 and knew there wasn't anything we could do for him at that point. I'll make sure to give Daisy (our 6 m/o yellow lab) and extra belly rub for Kaiser tonight.

The hardest part of having a pet is saying goodbye. Dogs, cats, it doesn't matter. Sorry to hear this.

Sorry to hear Ed. We are definitely richer for the too brief of time they spend with us. And there just may be a rainbow bridge.

Back