I am baffled

Arnold

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Arnold
because two of my three teenagers were awake before 0700 today. Should I seek medical advice? Mental health advice? I count on them sleeping until noon so I can have some time to myself. Truth be told teenager number three and I are often at the park by 0700 so he can practice his soccer skills, but really, two out of three. Is the world ending?

Sorry, but the end is nigh. Any "quiet time" you hoped to have, and "go and bore holes in the sky" time has vaporized. Don't fight it...resign yourself to accepting it. No need to chase medical counsel as they'll tell you the same. Accept it...It'll be easier on you. Just sign your plane over to me and I'll make sure it stays flying (y'know, in the interest of keeping aviation alive.) :p

Sorry, but the end is nigh. Any "quiet time" you hoped to have, and "go and bore holes in the sky" time has vaporized. Do 't fight it...resign yourself to accepting it. It'll be easier on you. just sign your olane over to me and I'll make sure it stays flying (y'know, in the interest of keeping aviation alive.) :p

Your kindness is truly astounding.

Your kindness is truly astounding.

LOL! :p

FWIW, I've resorted to waking up at 4:30 AM so I can get to the airport at sunrise and fly. Otherwise my teenage son (with no interest in aviation) wants to go to the hangar and wrench on the project car (and his future car)...a Porsche 944. He wakes up early so he can accompany me. So clearly, I've doomed myself as well.

LOL! :p

FWIW, I've resorted to waking up at 4:30 AM so I can get to the airport at sunrise and fly. Otherwise my teenage son (with no interest in aviation) wants to go to the hangar and wrench on the project car (and his future car)...a Porsche 944. He wakes up early so he can accompany me. So clearly, I've doomed myself as well.

Ah, my kids also shun aviation. Only one of the three has ever been to the airport to see the ship and that was five years ago (or was it six?).

I got to sleep in until 7 this morning. Usually the circus starts at 5:30 around here when the 5 year old wakes up and proceeds to make lots of noise, which wakes the 1 and 2 year olds, who of course add to the cacophony. The oldest (12) somehow manages to sleep through all of this.

My Dad would have said "Good night," and then turned my lights off...and I don't mean the ones on the wall or ceiling.

I have the recipe to make your own ether.
Very effective for managing sleep schedules.

Now that all the kids and the dog are all gone and there’s no one to wake me up early... I can finally sleep in.

Or I could, if I could ever manage to make it til the alarm goes off. I seem to have lost the ability to stay in bed past 6:30ish.

What are they trying to get from you ? This sounds like a coordinated effort.

What are they trying to get from you ? This sounds like a coordinated effort.

LOL Older one wants a new computer for college and younger one wants an early ride to soccer field to practice his skills and shooting. They were both successful.

Back