I'm Back

dcmoser

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Doug Moser
Hey everyone. I had a Piper Saratoga for 12 years, then "accidently" sold it in 2016 :mad::mad:. Decided that was a mistake. So now I am now back in the market for another one, so I will be back here bugging everyone again with some flying questions soon. Have not been on the forum board for a couple years. Am really looking forward to getting back in the groove.

Nothing worse than aviation withdrawal symptoms. :eek:
Piper Saratoga!! :thumbsup:
Us Piper types around this joint are delighted to hear that. :cool:

But the Bonanza cohort are speechless. o_O:confused:
The Cirrus crowd are confused with that choice, and popping the cork on another Dom Pérignon while they think it over.
The Cessna folks are wondering why you didn't follow the rules and start another "What plane should I buy?" thread first. :dunno:
Welcome back! Don't feed the animals. ;)

Did your time off include time away from flying as well? Or did you just rent?

The Cirrus crowd are confused with that choice, and popping the cork on another Dom Pérignon while they think it over.
The Cessna folks are wondering why you didn't follow the rules and start another "What plane should I buy?" thread first. :dunno:

Did your time off include time away from flying as well? Or did you just rent?
I’ve kept up currency fairly regularly renting but it just isn’t the same. I rented for a while when I first got my PP. But bought the Saratoga then got my IR. Absolutely nothing wrong with renting a plane, but once I owned one, it kind of spoiled me. Especially getting into a rented plane. Sometimes the previous flyer was not the neatest. I am not a neat freak, but when I got in my own airplane it was clean and ready to go. Just spoiled myself without knowing it

Ha. I didn’t have to think much on another purchase choice. I know they are not the fastest but my wife and I almost always take out the center row seats, throw our luggage in, and go. Again, not very fast, but I feel like I’m sitting in my living room lounger sometimes. Very comfortable, Plus other than trainers, it’s really the only plane I’ve flown very much. Everyone thinks their plane is the best, and that’s the way it should be. That’s what makes life fun.

Back