The worst people in aviation...

I’m an adjuster and although we’re only hearing your side of the story, it sounds terrible. Independent adjusters can be hit or miss. Some have chips on their shoulders for whatever reason. I work for a carrier, and I know we all strive to do a good job and be more than fair to our insureds and the shops, because really what is insurance if not good claims service? Better carriers(insurers) have their own claims team and only farm out if extremely overworked. Some smaller carriers don’t have in house claims or not enough. I suggest you ask your broker to shop around for those who have good claims departments. Good brokers should know who those are.

Hmm. How to put this...

I can do a lot of work to formally and politely waste a whole bunch of people’s time for $1K a month for a year. I know what I make per hour.

Stick me with a loss like that in time and money, you’re coming along for the ride.
Bad idea. Living well is the best revenge. I've seen it in action.

Bad idea. Living well is the best revenge. I've seen it in action.

Oh definitely has to be tempered. LOL.

But I can live pretty well while dashing out a letter to a regulatory agency or an appeal process or fill out the small claims forms ... or whatever.

Zero stress and all smiles.

Heck. Eat a delicious steak while doing it. LOL. :)

(Haha realized that sounds Machiavellian or something. More like “can create annoying paperwork as a background task during dinner and later enjoy the bureaucratic trouble it causes, or whatever... don’t care...”)

But if it’s eating ya up and you’re affected emotionally by such business, yeah... best to leave it alone.

I mentioned dad’s HOA fight. He would call me when he was stumped for wording on the next letter to them hanging them by their own by-laws or when he had penned an excellent response so we could laugh heartily at their poor understanding of their own rules they were about to be shot with. We turned it into a game.

If it ain’t fun, don’t do it. When he would get another letter from their lawyer trying to wiggle out of each successive screw up, we laughed quite heartily in the afternoon phone calls.

“Got another letter!”

“Oh cool! What did they say this time?”

LOL. We had fun running up billable hours. Lawyer probably liked it too!

Nice point. No fun feeling like you're the victim (a second time). So, understand that this is now a game. Your task at hand is to carefully document what transpired (copy and paste from your personal master-record), and blast-out complaint letters to the adjusters, carriers, and state insurance commissioners (who have god-like authority and they take complaints very seriously : it puts the respondent on the defense, and it becomes your task to keep the pressure on). Depending on how it proceeds, letters captioned as "Intent to Sue" become effective, but you must be ready to pull the trigger here (even if it's pro se (small claims) -- check suit limits). It's a (stupid) game, and you're likely to prevail, but you're gonna be out something. You can play until you win; they count on push-overs, so push-back hard and play your hand smart. God bless you and yours

Bob

PS: be careful what you post in public

Last edited:

But I can live pretty well while dashing out a letter to a regulatory agency or an appeal process or fill out the small claims forms ... or whatever.

If that doesn't work, build a homemade tank and trash the place. LOL

tank.jpg

Zero stress and all smiles.

Heck. Eat a delicious steak while doing it. LOL. :)

(Haha realized that sounds Machiavellian or something. More like “can create annoying paperwork as a background task during dinner and later enjoy the bureaucratic trouble it causes, or whatever... don’t care...”)

But if it’s eating ya up and you’re affected emotionally by such business, yeah... best to leave it alone.

I mentioned dad’s HOA fight. He would call me when he was stumped for wording on the next letter to them hanging them by their own by-laws or when he had penned an excellent response so we could laugh heartily at their poor understanding of their own rules they were about to be shot with. We turned it into a game.

If it ain’t fun, don’t do it. When he would get another letter from their lawyer trying to wiggle out of each successive screw up, we laughed quite heartily in the afternoon phone calls.

“Got another letter!”

“Oh cool! What did they say this time?”

LOL. We had fun running up billable hours. Lawyer probably liked it too!
Some people enjoy playing these kinds of games, and some would rather walk away. It's like people who love to lead the telemarketers on before dropping the bomb, as opposed to those who hang up without saying anything.

Some people enjoy playing these kinds of games, and some would rather walk away. It's like people who love to lead the telemarketers on before dropping the bomb, as opposed to those who hang up without saying anything.

my dad answers, gets them started, then puts the phone down and watches TV...he figures he’ll tie up their time for awhile, lol.

Nothing good ever happens when dealing with insurance companies. I'm probably going to switch all of our homeowners, auto, liability, etc to a new carrier soon... Just as soon as I get the check that they're trying hard to weasel their way out of. :mad:

I hope you are successful at both recouping some more money as well as enjoying aviation again.

LOL yeah. If your personality type is such that doing it makes you unhappy, it’s definitely not a recommendation for you. LOL.

It’s just background noise with a small chance of a pay out, just to make me go away, to me. And I certainly don’t always have or make time to do it.

For $12K though... that’s fairly motivating! :)

Back