Goat Cheese....(NA)

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
what do u cook using goat cheese? I had it for the first time and it was kinda tasty but I don't know what to make with it.

this "salad" kind of thing that had spinach, walnuts, sliced apples and goat cheese. was pretty good, if ur into that sort of salady type stuff. thankfully I paired it with a nice ny strip and baked pertater.

...yeah i am into the “salady” stuff...

i may have to try it... “MAY”

If you really want to branch out, try some halloumi which is made from goat and/or sheep milk. You can grill this stuff because it doesn't melt and is really tasty.

I love the French one - your basic Fromage de Chevre (Goat Cheese:). Quite tangy.

images

Salads, sandwiches ...

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-4_20-43-53.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-4_20-43-53.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 2
this "salad" kind of thing that had spinach, walnuts, sliced apples and goat cheese. was pretty good, if ur into that sort of salady type stuff. thankfully I paired it with a nice ny strip and baked pertater.
sounds pretty darn healthy... pizza is what I’d have it on.

Slice onions and cook in lots of butter at low heat for a very long time.

lol right, I got that and am almost qualified to make it, but how does the goat cheese fit in?

lol right, I got that and am almost qualified to make it, but how does the goat cheese fit in?
Crostini topped with goat cheese and carmelized onions. Or pizza topped with same. Or sandwich.

Yeah cracker plus layer of goat cheese or any soft cheese and a layer of properly carmelized onion on top so they’re sweet... is delish.

A little goat cheese in an omelet is nice. Fairly bland but you can add garlic to it. Or a personal fave that’s not popular — black pepper heavy.

I do that to cottage cheese too. Grandpa started it. Can’t even see the cottage cheese through the outside layer of pepper. Have even put cottage cheese in the omelet.

Add various veggies for healthiness. Almost anything works. Including various hot peppers or even beets as long as they aren’t pickled. For the noobs, bell peppers are the easiest intro to the veg.

I hate goat cheese. Tastes like feet.

I had gorgonzola cheese once, that tasted like vomit and feet together. and not your own vomit, someone else's vomit. I think it was gorgonzola, honestly it was so traumatizing I can't even remember.

I wonder how many folks have had feta cheese on something without realizing it's from a kissin' cousin of the goat. I find goat and sheep cheese to be potent and wonderful.

I had gorgonzola cheese once, that tasted like vomit and feet together. and not your own vomit, someone else's vomit. I think it was gorgonzola, honestly it was so traumatizing I can't even remember.

You must be getting mixed up with Goregonzola -

The wife bought some goat cheese once. A few days later I searched the frig, then asked her were the goat cheese was. She said it was terrible, I threw it out.

Odd but I can't stand to think of eating anything from a goat, be its flesh or its bodily fluids - but I can eat me some Manchego All. Day. Long.
(for a while there we were reading about Brucellosis and TB being transmitted by goat products but that was unpasteurized milk or cheese....and some of it was coming from Mexico -even if that was a while ago, can't help but think about it when I think goat cheese)

I love goat cheese.

Cut a slice into a chicken breast and stuff it with goat cheese. Season the chicken however you like, then bake or grill it. Wonderful.

Goat cheese is a staple around our home.

A contributing factor is that my wife's allergic to cow's milk, so goat, sheep, water buffalo, all the types of dairy she can eat.

She didn't appear to be allergic to wine... (okay that is not dairy.)

I think I need to shave. I'm not sure where the goat cheese connection is, but generally, when I shave, I smell less like goat cheese. Showers to bros. And siss. Someone give me the possessive plural of sisters. It is agonizing me.

Back