SpaceX Big Day T Minus 1Hr

Awesome :)

Question for boaters...is there a TFR for boats?

I figured they were all related to the launch but sure was a lot of them.

I don't understand what's happening. There are traces of gasses that make it too dangerous for astronauts wearing spacesuit, but there are multiple crew members standing around with no safety equipment at all.

They landed in international waters right? What organization has the authority to deny entry to that area and how would they enforce it?

jkdXGiQ.png

FYI: Federal jurisdiction ends at 12 miles offshore with a limited jurisdiction area out to 24 miles. The recovery area was out 30+ miles where anyone can go to include a Russian Bear at times.;)
In the gulf of Mexico?

These guys are pilots, right? I wonder if this goes into their logbook.

It looks like the US claims the gulf between Florida and Texas as territorial waters. But I'm not a boater.
There's "zones" offshore: the 1st 3 miles fall under State control; 4 to 12 miles is under 100% Federal control--this is considered territorial waters; 13 to 24 miles there is limited Federal control for immigration, customs, and a few other things--contiguous zone on the charts; and 13 to 200 miles is considered an exclusive economic zone for natural resources by international treaty, but beyond the 12/24 mile limit there are no enforcement abilities by the US and those waters are considered international waters. The various zones make for interesting requirements for certain offshore workers depending how they entered the GOM with most needing to clear customs/immigration when they hit a domestic port or fly in by aircraft to the beach.

Last edited:
There is a simulator for docking at the international station. Kind of cool, sort of like docking a boat in 3D slow. I failed on my 1st attempt. Should have done a better preflight and understood the controls. https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

And..... how do they classify night hours? Let's see, 45 minutes day, 45 minutes night, ......... Seems like a lot of lines to be used. LOL :)

Maybe its just:

1497hrs PIC, 742hr night, cross country, 1 takeoff, 1 landing, 1 docking, 1 undocking, 24min MEL, 1min MES, 1496hrs under instruments, high altitude and some type of parachute log entry. Can't imagine they get glider time

What about when the ground crew is controlling the craft? Does the ground pilot log drone time?

Back