FedEx Feeders

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
Apparently FedEx does not deliver to Illinois.

purple runway.PNG

No seriously, if there is no Purple Runway feeder in the state, what does that mean? Illinois FedEx stuff is all moved by truck or big planes?? Or they fly in from Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa and fly back out? No domiciles?

MEM --> ORD

Probably truck it into Central Illinois from ORD, and other parts from Indy, and Mizzou, and Iowa.

Edit: MEM --> BMI also

They deliver to Illinois. I live right under the approach to ORD. The drivers fly up my driveway at what seem like VR for a 767. I’ve actually seen their trucks rotate when they crest the hill at the top.

The have a hub here at KBMI as @EdFred noted and at least a flight in and out everyday. A 757 departs right over my house every night around 10PM local.

What's funny (not really cause it adds an extra day) is tracking a package for here in Bloomington go via truck from Champaign to Morton and come back from Morton...

Ok.....I should have bolded the word FEEDER meaning the small planes where a budding pilot could go fly cargo. I know they fly the big planes into ORD. Didn't know they flew a 757 into BMI. UPS flies a big plane into/out of PIA. I think they do Rockford too.

They used to fly feeder flights into here (CHA) years ago. Now it’s exclusively Fedex - 757’s.

I knew you meant the caravans or whatever they are using, but there's enough going into/out the state that the feeders arent needed.

RFD is a hub for UPS. Probably 25 flights through there each weeknight and 10 or so during the day.

Apparently FedEx does not deliver to Illinois.

View attachment 88410

No seriously, if there is no Purple Runway feeder in the state, what does that mean? Illinois FedEx stuff is all moved by truck or big planes?? Or they fly in from Wisconsin, Indiana and Iowa and fly back out? No domiciles?
Are you looking into the Purple Runway program?

Just curious. Not anywhere near qualified at this point. Not a great time to quit my job and try to be a pilot. :oops:
Understood. And I agree, but if someone was to do it, cargo is okay right now. But who knows what happens in 6 months when everyone runs out of money to buy stuff.

fwiw, XJT just got the sayonara from United (my condolences to the XJT lurkers on here btw). That's an additional 1300 current 121 ATPs potentially going in the hopper come end of year if not Oct 1. We're so overmanned at RND right now it ain't even funny. USAF is chopping heads on the separation and retirement reclamas right now. Literally holding people to their separation papers, some pilot shortage alright. Several hundred backlog of fully qualed mil guys hiding in the ARC or AD waiting for hiring to resume, plus about that many per year for the next 24 month.

fwiw, XJT just got the sayonara from United (my condolences to the XJT lurkers on here btw). That's an additional 1300 current 121 ATPs potentially going in the hopper come end of year if not Oct 1. We're so overmanned at RND right now it ain't even funny. USAF is chopping heads on the separation and retirement reclamas right now. Literally holding people to their separation papers, some pilot shortage alright. Several hundred backlog of fully qualed mil guys hiding in the ARC or AD waiting for hiring to resume, plus about that many per year for the next 24 month.
Which is why I will keep rolling spreadsheets for a day job. Doesn't hurt to day dream. It's even free.

Back