Comanche Down on Interstate 5 - no one hurt

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
Good job to the pilot: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/small-plane-safely-lands-on-i-5-near-camp-pendleton/2373153/

I was up right seat in this plane not too long ago actually.. crazy

There's some speculation but I won't post them here - glad everyone is okay!

PS - this is why I don't like flying these single engine planes with 1940's engines to Catalina, and if I do, yes, I'm that guy who's climbing to 11,5-12,5 to cross and doing an arcing route following the glide range rings on the Foreflight to the coast and to AVX

“Following the emergency landing, the aircraft blocked one lane of traffic before the pilot pushed it off the roadway to the right-hand shoulder.“

99% of drivers that get into fender benders don’t even have the sense to pull off the hwy. They just sit there surveying the “damage”, yet this guy had the wherewithal to pull his Piper off I-5. Nicely done!

My trust is likely misplaced, but I'd rather fly behind a big ass Pratt and Whitney WASP than anything that Lyco or Conti offers

I think this is the Piper Comanche based out of Montgomery that is part of the Plusoneflyers.

My trust is likely misplaced, but I'd rather fly behind a big ass Pratt and Whitney WASP than anything that Lyco or Conti offers
I’ve had two total loss of power events inflight. Both were behind Pratt radials. I agree that I would rather fly behind a pratt radial. They are friggin awesome. Some things in life are just too much fun to worry about the numbers.

I like cigars and alcohol as well.

Another good ending for a change.

Back