Anyone going to Blakesburg?

Arnold

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Arnold
I'm giving it serious consideration. SE (Southe East) IA (Iowa) has a low Covid-19 infection rate. I'm more concerned about folks flying in from high risk states. Which PA is not, but you know, half the country is.

I’ve been considering it but haven’t made a commitment yet.

I'll probably fly in for a day. I live an hour's flight away. A friend who is a Blakesburg fanatic is unsure - he and his wife are aging, and he said some of his friends are opting out, so attendance may be down. Hard to say.

My lady friend and I are in our sixties so I haven't made a decision yet. Probably will go though. Weather kept me on the east coast last year.

What’s going on there?

Not sure which 'there' you are referring to. Going to Greenbrier just to go to the mountains. Covid messed up our summer plans. first the trip to England was cancelled. Then the back-up trip to Mount Desert Island went TU. So a three day weekend to Greenbrier was the best that we could do with everyone's schedule. I am not complaining but the daughter was very unhappy. But I give her credit. She was really angry for a little while after the planned summer semester at Oxford was canceled and then went to work. She worked two jobs, got her EMT and lifeguard certification. Now she is back at school where she is a returning junior in biochemistry and RA.

If the 'there' is NC, we are fine, just we have had a spike in covid, so some places have rolled up the welcome mat.

Back