Pima Air Museum

Pima's a great place. The director there (who is also the director of the Titan Missile Museum nearby) is pretty remarkable. Denied entry into most flight MOS, she went became a Titan Missile commander. It was neat standing in the control room listening to someone who "had her finger on the key" back in the day.

They also have my dad's old ride there, an English Electric Lightning. Driven by on work, but I've never gotten the chance to stop by and take a look.

Went through it more than 20 years ago. Well worth the visit.

Did a visit many years ago, it was well worth the visit.

Last year did the boneyard beside it as well after a few hours at Pima, both great places

Well worth the trip. I stupidly arrived with only 2 hours to go til closing time... gee, which Constellation do I want to take a picture of?... too many choices... a must see... but plan at minimum an entire day.

We've been there 2 times, once was 19 degrees, the other was 119 degrees. :)

great place!

much improved each time we go.
It really is, they just keep making it better and better; fantastic museum.

My first visit was as a kid on a road trip with Dad in the early '80s and have made numerous visits over the following 35+ years. It's kinda cool (to me) that there are two ships on display that my dad actually flew in the Navy mid-60s, the Lockheed SP-2H Neptune and VP-3A Orion. The Titan Missile Museum is also really cool, you must see it.

A day is barely enough. Went the first time back in 89 when I was five... finally went with my wife a few years ago, had to bring my kid back a few months later. Amazing place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved Pima visit years ago. Well run place.

Not generally into museums since they’re just dead airplanes but when the airplanes and such are more rare and lots of them, it becomes more enjoyable.

Back