Students are now Learners.

Also, shouldn't their be a change for what a CFI is called? I mean students learn from instructors. Without a student, what's an Instructor? ..

Aviation Education Facilitator ... AEF is the new term for CFI.

Also, shouldn't their be a change for what a CFI is called? I mean students learn from instructors. Without a student, what's an Instructor? Call a spade a spade

Learnee?

I 've known plenty of students, but far fewer learners.
Maybe the change is aspirational.

Back in the latter half of the previous century, Mrs. Adelaide (Guido) Bulgarelli of Iowa City, IA, as a member of the city council, lead a move to change street signs from "DEAD END" to "NO EXIT". As a fervent Catholic community leader, perhaps Adelaide was concerned that the moniker "Dead End Kids" might carry over from the popular New York stage plays of the '30s about quasi juvenile delinquents. So we got rid of DEAD END signs and no one is a Dead End kid anymore. Now they're No Exit kids. plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. (The more things change, the more they stay the same.)

Yes and in Oregon, they got rid of the Blind curve ahead sign, so it would be despairing to blind people. I never thought a blind person would mind, be they didn't ask me.

Apparently they are actually "trainees".

Screenshot_20200909-164545_K-9 Mail.jpg

...and I just noticed they also used ""cockpit'!! Oh the humanity!!

Let’s assume for a moment that the premise is correct and student pilot can be confusing as to what type of pilot it is.

What possible difference could this make to safety or operation of an aircraft? So, for 10 seconds someone is unsure if the person has a rating or not. Who cares? That confusion is not going to make a bit of difference in the real world.

Back