recommendation for new panel in Georgia

rbridges

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
rbridges
I'm at the point where I need to get an engine monitor then redo the aluminum panel. Does anyone know who does really nice work? I know most shops can do it, but I want something that looks factory. I'd like either silk screen letters or maybe engraved. I also want someone who is careful with your stuff. I had some avionics installed recently, and it looks fine, but there are a few nicks here and there that just aggravate me. Also, the attention to detail left a little to be desired. I just want someplace where I can drop it off and not have to worry.

Thanks!

I can recommend two.
I’ve had good service from Rendrag Avionics at KOPN. DAVE Gardner is brother of Carl Gardner who has Shop at Peachtree City (KFFC). NOT the same...
Good luck getting an appointment however, he’s slammed! A friend who is wanting to do much the same as you with his C310 has been waiting over two months for a slot.

Several years ago, Carl sold out his operation at KFFC, but later bought out Lowe Avionics at KMCN and reopened his shop at KFFC. I haven’t dealt with him recently.

In 2017, I had John Stark (Stark Avionics) at Columbus, Ga (KCSG) install a Garmin 335 in my Cessna 150. I was pleased with his work and prices. However, it can be difficult contacting him. They don’t often answer the phone and seldom return messages.

I’d advise staying away from the shop at Griffin. An acquaintance had some work done there. His reconditioned like new 430 got “swapped” for an older rough unit and his KX155 was swapped for a defective unit. He had to file legal action to get relief. Took nearly two years to resolve.

Last edited:
Do you pay sales tax on avionics work done in Georgia? We do here in Tennessee, which is why I took mine to Florida. The difference in price more than negated the fuel there and back and my airline tickets.

On parts, yes. Labor, no.
You could possibly negotiate the prices to compensate for the tax.

take it to jesse saint in florida

Back