Have You Had a Drone Accident?

Pilot Steve

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot Steve
When I'm not enjoying the heck out of the advice and wisdom from this forum, I'm a public safety manned and unmanned pilot.

Not that long ago I had a dire situation during a 2 AM flight looking for a missing autistic child with a drone that just autolanded. That drone issue led me to start looking for others that had similar problems. But what I discovered were some alarming facts when it comes to drone safety.

I would be ever so grateful if you, or someone you know, could submit a report of a drone crash or operational incident. You can anonymously submit the report on my site https://reportdroneaccident.com/

The reports create patterns and the patterns create alerts for public safety pilots and what to beware of to reduce flight issues.

Thanks!

Majority of the crashes I’ve experienced under PART 107 working in neighborhoods was GPS interference and loss of signal resulting in loss of flight controls and crash. Often due to underground power lines.

Did you report it to the NTSB and FAA? That's what you're supposed to do. I've submitted TWO... And yes, they do go out of control from time to time.

Did you report it to the NTSB and FAA? That's what you're supposed to do. I've submitted TWO... And yes, they do go out of control from time to time.

Yes incidents had to be logged and reimbursements paid for property damaged by crashes.

Back