I want to try different ways to make money

Well, hero, you are correct. I've never a business.

...whatever that means.

Guess you 'work' so hard you don't have time to read what you write before you send it out to the world. Nicely played.

I had a kid come in needing me and hit send before reading. Sue me.

You know what I meant, don't be evasive. Ever run a business? Ever had employees? Ever even managed a large group?

I have a lot of respect for my employees, and for people who I supervise in an another company I work for, and I treat them all very nicely. I've more than paid my dues, as have the vast majority of business owners I know.

I had a kid come in needing me and hit send before reading. Sue me.

You know what I meant, don't be evasive. Ever run a business? Ever had employees? Ever even managed a large group?

I have a lot of respect for my employees, and for people who I supervise in an another company I work for, and I treat them all very nicely. I've more than paid my dues, as have the vast majority of business owners I know.

Okay, I'll doff the ****at. Sorry.

To answer your question, no. I've never run a business. I do have the utmost respect for those that do and I know its a 24 hour a day drain worrying about it, especially in the early days trying to lift it off the ground.

But, my point remains. Typically the amount of physical labor is inversely related to income. Not saying that's wrong, just saying its mostly true. Whether your talking about a restaurant or NFL franchise or anything in between.

Hard work and making money have not a thing to do with one another.

Want proof? Look at any restaurant. Who's the hardest working stiff in the joint? Yup, the dish washer. Guess who makes the least.

Who makes the most assuming a successful restaurant? Yes, the owner and he doesn't really work all that hard. Sure took financial risk and blah blah, but we're talking 'hard work'. The owner doesn't really work all that hard.

How about those crooks on wall street. Flipping fingers in the air and trading other peoples money. How much ya suppose they make and how hard do they work?

Movie stars...work hard?

Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Harrison Ford and an oil Sheik...not a one working all that hard.

This world is about ownership. Own something lucrative and you're all set whether it's a search engine, an operating system, a popular face or an oil field...screw work, it's ownership.

I must be missing something on the whole ownership thing? I own 2 birds and don't seem to be catching up to any of those guys you mentioned. :rolleyes:

But, my point remains. Typically the amount of physical labor is inversely related to income.

Yep. And not just physical labor either. We have a few positions where I work that are very demanding and detail-oriented. I can't do what those people do and know enough about it that it's very complex. However, those job grades are at the lower end of the clerical. i.e. I make 5x what they do yet they work harder.

We have a few positions where I work that are very demanding and detail-oriented. I can't do what those people do and know enough about it that it's very complex. However, those job grades are at the lower end of the clerical.

Pretty much sounds like SIC for a regional airline...

Hard work and making money have not a thing to do with one another.

Want proof? Look at any restaurant. Who's the hardest working stiff in the joint? Yup, the dish washer. Guess who makes the least.

Read your own writing. You said "hard work", not "physical work".

Mental stress from owning a business and staying up to all hours doing the books and keeping everything running is "hard work".

BTW, so is steam cleaning the carpet late at night so I don't have to close my business down during the normal work day or pay someone an inordinate sum to do it after hours (and I'd have to be there to supervise them anyway).

Just admit that "you don't know what you don't know" and move on.

An honest way to make some money in aviation - get an LSRM and work on airplanes. The LSRM is an A&P/IA for LSA. Hold the ticket for 30 months and you can sit for the A&P written / practical. The LSRM can be done in 3 weeks vs 18 months for an A&P. LSRM training generally includes Rotax certification and those things are ubiquitous.

Alternatively, if you like math and the markets learn to trade derivatives.

IT is especially easy to get into these days. In medicine we're up to our necks in junk mandated by the unACA and need people to futz with it.

As to the "work hard and you will succeed" argument, what is left out is that you have to work hard AND do a better job than others doing the same job, AND you have to want to succeed and get ahead. As many have said, just working hard with no direction and ambition will only allow you to work hard and maybe reach the top pay scale for your current position. Eventually, that hard working dishwasher may become the highest paid dishwasher in the business, but that is about all he will accomplish without the other attributes.

Become an aviation YouTuber. I hear that’s the financial ticket of the future!

I need some tips about net work…I decided to test my skills online and if it is possible i want to help me at my first steps!
I’m searching for every possible way (trading, forex, betting...etc)
I’m waiting for your advices…
Get paid to do human drug trials. Free medical.

About 60 years ago my Econ 211 prof said: "Economic profit is directly related to risk." Nothing about hard work. Work is a trade of time for money and you only have so much time. You can change the price of your time and to some extent the amount of time you are willing to sell. Comparing the restaurant owner to the dishwasher is meaningless. One takes on risk and works, generating stress, and with luck, profit. One trades time and a small amount of skill for money, but generally leaves work with no stress about the job.
'

Back