Should I report this pilot?

Sorry for the late reply. Work and getting the second cut of hay in.

My right side 3 and 5 egt probes failed. They either show 0 or max out at 1800. I had them tested last shop visit and they both failed. Trying to decide between replacing them or upgrading engine monitor to replace all my old original gauges. I’m hoping for something new to hit the market soon...little birdie rumors and such. My CHTs work well and that’s most important to me.

It's only money, right? :p

Good luck waiting on the little birdie. Maybe thanks to the internet birdies are getting more reliable, but aviation-related rumors always take twice as long as predicted.

It's only money, right? :p

Good luck waiting on the little birdie. Maybe thanks to the internet birdies are getting more reliable, but aviation-related rumors always take twice as long as predicted.
I guess we can’t take it with us. :)

I really don’t want to spend money on my 40 year old engine gauges and it’d be nice to not have any oil/fuel coming into the instrument panel.

The JPI960 has been out for many years now and if my rumor doesn’t come true I may go that route. I feel pretty confident knowing the person who told me but sometimes getting all the required things to release a new product gets delayed a bit. We’ll see.

Back