50101573018_2650ed1961_b.jpg

50102410997_f06b7620db_b.jpg

50102183166_14e8d0eeb4_b.jpg

50102182456_b155d9723d_b.jpg

50102392962_2e052c0c6d_b.jpg

50102171871_0334835ebb_b.jpg

50101590533_f788476d7d_b.jpg

50101597213_e22e70b282_b.jpg

I think that's the first straight tail I've seen in the original scheme.

Lovely plane. Great pics as always Jack!

Beautiful. Nothing looks better than polished aluminum!

<- Says this guy who is far too lazy to keep it looking great

Fantastic, Jack. I've always had lots of love for early 172s as I did much of my training and my check ride in one in 1964. Beautiful photography as always. :cheers:

Fantastic, Jack. I've always had lots of love for early 172s as I did much of my training and my check ride in one in 1964. Beautiful photography as always. :cheers:
Thanks Stan. I'm thinking more and more that I may buy one. Pretty good photo plane and my girlfriend wants to learn to fly. And... they sure look good!

Need a pretty girl in the left front seat.

Absolutely stunning. Beautiful plane, sensational photography. Thanks for sharing with us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm.. love your photos as always, Jack. I think I'd add a filter to make a "sun star" on the wing where the sun glints off the trailing edge.

Can't 'member what those filters are called... High Scrool photography class was tooo long ago.

But I got one of those sunstars on a pic I took back then and teach was surprised I didn't use a filter...

fly to the scene of the incident, or be recovered at the scene of the tragedy

Before I clicked the link I was thinking that if you've seen one C172 you've seen 'em all. Appreciate you proving me wrong. Gorgeous photos and excellent photography work. I have no doubt that you could even make my old home built look like it's worth something ...;)

Absolutely stunning. Beautiful plane, sensational photography. Thanks for sharing with us
Thank you!

Hmm.. love your photos as always, Jack. I think I'd add a filter to make a "sun star" on the wing where the sun glints off the trailing edge.

Can't 'member what those filters are called... High Scrool photography class was tooo long ago.

But I got one of those sunstars on a pic I took back then and teach was surprised I didn't use a filter...
Thank you. No filters or tricks in my photos. It's either there or it isn't!

Wow!!!! I like very much!!!
Thanks!

Before I clicked the link I was thinking that if you've seen one C172 you've seen 'em all. Appreciate you proving me wrong. Gorgeous photos and excellent photography work. I have no doubt that you could even make my old home built look like it's worth something ...;)
Thanks. I love airplanes! Some are just shinier than others!

Thanks. I love airplanes! Some are just shinier than others!
Some of the "greebo" aged PoA Gang and dfwpilots.com folk will remember Wayne Bower (@wabower) who had a very shiny Cessna Skywagon.

Once when I got to fly with him, he shared about the many airplanes he flew. And that when he owned a fully painted "normal" airplane, people would just glance up as taxied past and quickly return their gaze to what they were doing.

Now that he had the shiny Skywagon, they would stop what they were doing, watch with interest, and wave.

I think he really enjoyed the attention his airplane would generate as he taxied past.

Last edited:
Some of the "greebo" aged PoA Gang and dfwpilots.com folk will remember Wayne Bower (@wabower) who had a very shiny Cessna Skywagon.

Once when I got to fly with him, he shared about the many airplanes he flew that when he owned a fully painted "normal" airplane, people would just glance up as taxied past and quickly return their gaze to what they were doing.

Now that he had the shiny Skywagon, they would stop what they were doing, watch with interest, and wave.

I think he really enjoyed the attention his airplane would generate as he taxied past.
My polished 140 did the same. I wish I’d never sold it.

Great pics. I polished my spinner this weekend, the thought of doing an entire plane is daunting.

Great pics. I polished my spinner this weekend, the thought of doing an entire plane is daunting.
Thanks!

It's not too bad if you keep it up. That being said, I had a Cessna 140, so I didn't have to polish the wings. I would hate having to polish the bottom of these wings!

What's the radio brevity code for employment of the A2A camera? Fox 6? "Film film film"?

Magnificent! How do you get the straight-on picture (#6 above) - or is it a trade secret(?):rolleyes:

Seems more of a Tennessee orange than Texass orange, but points for trying to match the collegiate polo shirt to the paint scheme!

Seems more of a Tennessee orange than Texass orange, but points for trying to match the collegiate polo shirt to the paint scheme!
Texas, Tennessee, Syracuse...

...good old joke...

Do you know why (pick one) wears orange?

so they can play football on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and pick up trash by the highway the rest of the week.

(my all-time favorite "pick on a college" joke)

Last edited:
Texas, Tennessee, Syracuse...

...good old joke...

Do you know why (pick one) wears orange?

so they can play football on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and pick up trash by the highway the rest of the week.

(my all-time favorite pick on a college joke)
Alright Tim... we’re the University of Texas and I resemble that remark. :)

That’s definitely Tennessee Orange. Go Vols!

[QUOTE="Lowflynjack I'm thinking more and more that I may buy one. Pretty good photo plane and my girlfriend wants to learn to fly. And... they sure look good![/QUOTE]
Great airplane to learn in. Had a '56 for a while. Those forty degree flaps would get it down short and turn off at the first taxiway. Mine only had the opening side window on the pilot's side. Took a Nat. Geo. photographer up for a book they were doing on the Civil War, and flew from the right seat so he could open the window. ;-)

Beautiful Craft
My 1959 C172 would be embarrassed to park along side of yours. :(
But mine @9200+ hours is a bit more experienced . :)

Back