Physical impairment aloft!

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I was flying in a non-P airplane at 16.5 today and it was very quiet, little traffic.
So, I plugged in my tunes and was soon rocking out to my EDM when I decide to burst into song, er to whistle.
I was dismayed that, no matter what I tried I could not whistle!
I felt like I was blowing a lot of air and I can usually whistle like a missile but suddenly, nothing.
I figured it was the air density and decided to test it upon descent. Sho nuff', I could whistle somewhat passing 11.5, then back to normal by 8K.
So, there is some important and practical news that will surely help you or save lives; you're quite welcome.

I was flying in a non-P airplane at 16.5 today and it was very quiet, little traffic.
So, I plugged in my tunes and was soon rocking out to my EDM when I decide to burst into song, er to whistle.
I was dismayed that, no matter what I tried I could not whistle!
I felt like I was blowing a lot of air and I can usually whistle like a missile but suddenly, nothing.
I figured it was the air density and decided to test it upon descent. Sho nuff', I could whistle somewhat passing 11.5, then back to normal by 8K.
So, there is some important and practical news that will surely help you or save lives; you're quite welcome.

So there I was, in the goo at 16,000. Then everything fails, even the altimeter. I needed to get down because the oxygen went nips up to. But there were mountains down there and I couldn’t get to low for at least another 20 minutes when I would be over the flat lands. Guess I would just have to hope I broke out in time to see the rocks. Then I remembered what I learned once about whistling at altitude...........

Zackly!
I'm telling you this will be in the AIM, next edition.
Instructors will make it lesson #1, ahead of any of that aerodynamics nonsense.
It's going to be in my book, that's for sure (can I use your excellent example? I'll pay a royalty)
Lives will be saved! I might have a movie on my hands.
"Pilot Whistling Above 10k"
I am going to get a patent next week btw. Looking for investors.

Zackly!
I'm telling you this will be in the AIM, next edition.
Instructors will make it lesson #1, ahead of any of that aerodynamics nonsense.
It's going to be in my book, that's for sure (can I use your excellent example? I'll pay a royalty)
Lives will be saved! I might have a movie on my hands.
"Pilot Whistling Above 10k"
I am going to get a patent next week btw. Looking for investors.

My people will contact your people

Don't waste your time on meetings. I'll pay a million for your patent, IN CASH!

Just send me your fax number, and I'll send it right over.

fly to the scene of the incident, or be recovered at the scene of the tragedy

A postscript;
I did notice that what I lacked in ability to produce enough air pressure to whistle ..... was easily made up by the ability to produce...other forms of gas at that cabin altitude.

Back