learned something new today........

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
I was on a very important work meeting today with a lot of big wigs and it was at that time I realized that apparently I like a lot of things that end in 'ogs'.......

dogs
catalogs
frogs
blogs
vlogs
hotdogs
eggnogs

even quahogs

I thought about bringing it up at the meeting but figured they wouldn't understand.

what did you learn today?

I learned that not as many people as I had thought have seen Dumb and Dumber.

very interesting. whatever the # of people who saw it was, I would have thought it was more as well.

I quoted "rapist's wit" and now everyone but EdFred and Sac hate me. :(

I think I'll go eat some worms.

I quoted "rapist's wit" and now everyone but EdFred and Sac hate me. :(....

don't be silly, people hated you long before that comment I KID, I KID, jeeez.....

what I've learned is that there's a good percentage of people here who don't get perfectly good and funny references, whether it's movie quotes, music references etc, and therefore take the post entirely out of context. whadyagonnado.

Hey @eman1200 - Can you do some travelogs of your flying? Include some of the dialogs with the controllers. No need to discuss any analogs.

The stories will be better with proper prologs and epilogs.

Meanwhile I think I'll saw some logs.

So, you’re saying you’re a learner, are you?

Wearing clogs, walking in a bog. Gears are cogs; landing in fog; pigs are hogs, I'll go for a jog. I'll go to Hawaii and fly in the vog.

Thread Tools > Edit thread title > highlight title > type in "[NA]Words that have the letters OGS as a run, in them"
{Hours saved by co-users of POA.}

When is it appropriate to pluralize fog?

I realize this is a question, but I just woke up and it is too early for a knowledge revelation.

I realize this is a question, but I just woke up and it is too early for a knowledge revelation.

When I wear a mask on a cool day, it fogs my glasses. Don’t know what I woulda come up with a few months ago

The weather caused fogs over many cities today. Lots and lots of fogs.

Sounds good to me, although iPhone spell checker didn’t agree.

I was just in the bathroom, and I thought I heard someone talking about logs...

I was on a very important work meeting today with a lot of big wigs and it was at that time I realized that apparently I like a lot of things that end in 'ogs'.......

dogs
catalogs
frogs
blogs
vlogs
hotdogs
eggnogs

even quahogs

I thought about bringing it up at the meeting but figured they wouldn't understand.

what did you learn today?

I learned this about “og”

Okay here is what I have learned so far today:

1. USA, the entertainment channel, not the country, chose to run NCIS LA and NCIS original at 16 minutes past the hour. My gym slot was from 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. That's actually worthy of rant material.

2. The Edmund Fitzgerald was sunk by rogue waves. Duh. We knew that.

3. WWII shipwrecks are consistently being illegally salvaged for their metals, and apparently pre WWII metal is particularly valuable due to the low radiation levels to which they had been exposed.

4. Vented leggings lady (VLL) is back to driving her wreck of the Toyota Echo that has like four hundred thousand miles on it and looks like it's been through three combat tours in Afghanistan. We had been conversating for a couple years now. I practically know her life story, but don't officially know her name, or her, how do I best phrase it? Status. You would think it would come up in conversation. Asking for a friend.

5. Supercavitation is a technique that can potentially be used to propel underwater objects at great speeds. Apparently the Soviets had developed a supercavitating torpedo, but nobody has seen it demonstrated.

6. The toilet in the ladies' room at work swirls neither clockwise or counterclockwise - it actually swirls in the vertical plane. The other toilet is CCW. Yes, I've been tracking the rotational directions of various defecators.

7. Hmm, I think I invented a new word.

8. FOGS (re: pluralization of fog) has seven acronyms.

9. We are low on 'Bubly' brand flavored fizzy waters.

10. I'm pretty sure the janitor has been sneaking shots of Jameson. The level in the bottle on my bookcase looks visibly lower.

10. I'm pretty sure the janitor has been sneaking shots of Jameson. The level in the bottle on my bookcase looks visibly lower.

Looking at this list, I think I know where the Jameson is going...

....it actually swirls in the vertical plane. The other toilet is CCW. Yes, I've been tracking the rotational directions of various defecators....

I'm glad SOMEbody is.....

11. Lever's Lace is a patented brand of stretch weave that is characteristic of the La Perla brand of...

Nah, If I say it I'll get banned. I've been banned for less.

Wasn’t today but I learned that most convenience stores now carry spicy pickles as a convenient snack.

Not so great on sodium and not as spicy as grandmas’s once were, but delicious and smarter eating than nearly anything else in the place.

Makes me want to get some home pickling done and lower the sodium and add more spice so I can just pack my own.

—-

Also learned that at least a hundred people with sarcoidosis on steroids have reported that their teeth become unnaturally temperature sensitive and only two had their doctor or dentist take them seriously.

Granted, it’s relatively minor in the grand scheme of heavy steroid use - haha - but interesting data that it’s mostly universally ignored by medical pros. LOL.

—-

Re-learned this week that I’m not a happy camper when it’s above 100F. Reminder not to move too far south in retirement or own two places. LOL.

—-

Learned the fancy new washing machine weighs the clothes. Installer was supplied to run a calibration like zeroing out a bathroom scale, but probably didn’t. Ran it. Takes two minutes.

Amazing what you find in the POH.

—-

Still researching: What songs these Samsung washer and dryer are playing for alerts and alarms. They sound familiar but also sound like some country national anthem or something. Ha.

—-

Re-learned not to leave socks lying around or the robot vaccuum ends up lost sitting on top of it.

Ahh I’ll never really learn that one. Usually they go in the hamper but sometimes Hal and Wally get to play with them first if I was tired the night before.

—-

Learned that one of our “security” vendors doesn’t know how to do a basic http to https rewrite on their own website, and simply fails to connect to the browser. National company, best in class at what they do according to most reviews.

Clearly if they can’t be bothered — security is fully doomed, as expected. But a great specialty for never ending pay and work for anyone so interested. It’ll never be done right. People are way too lazy. That’s literally thirty characters in any web server config to accomplish it. Maybe less.

On the other hand, they do have and extraordinarily big collection of training videos for customers and non, and their level of detail is outrageous but great if someone hasn’t been doing IT for decades.

I did skip the ten minute section explaining what XML is, however. Holy hell. There’s no way you should be operating any software tool this powerful if you don’t already know that. You are going to blow up your entire company.

I guess that’s why they push hsndholding by one of their engineers so hard. Should be enjoyable to laugh and tell them I finished setting it all up, and I have a couple of questions. Sheesh.

—-

All super exciting new tidbits of knowledge, I know. I know.

—-

Oh. Forgot. Eggs and ham with mesquite and chili dry seasoning is delicious for brunch. Add a nice cheap cup of coffee and life is truly good.

It was another great day above the grass.

The different fogs are advection, radiation, steam, upslope, and precipitation.

During my instrument lesson Friday, I learned the difference between sadism and masochism.

I learned that my 12 gauge with target load has a wide enough spread at 15 yards to totally destroy the target and, unfortunately, the range’s mount :eek:, costing $6 when checking out...but you get to keep the mount :rolleyes:...whoda thunk?? I now know if used on an intruder it won’t only ruin his day, it’ll knock his hat off.

Last edited:
12: Windex works surprisingly well for stopping ants.
13: I need to find another gym.

today I learned that I CAN say no to flying. I don't like it, but it can be done.

I learned that my 12 gauge with target load has a wide enough spread at 15 yards to totally destroy the target and, unfortunately, the range’s mount :eek:, costing $6 when checking out...but you get to keep the mount :rolleyes:...whoda thunk?? I now know if used on an intruder it won’t only ruin his day, it’ll knock his hat off.
Be considerate...aim low enouGh to let him keep his hat on.

play some Joe Cocker at the same time.

Back