• I used a urinal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
The debate is on. Just how is the swirling of water affected by the hemisphere in which it swirls? Which direction does YOUR toilet swirl? Or the one you've most recently used?

Actually, forget the poll. Just post up the direction. It may change. We're looking to sum the results and crunch the numbers. It may be of benefit to post your latitude as well.

Let me go flush it and I’ll let you know... hang on a sec.

Local turbulence forces in a toilet bowl far outweigh the Coriolis force, which has its effects on large, massive items like the atmosphere and icebergs and ocean currents, or stuff like long-distance artillery shells and ballistic missiles.

Local turbulence forces in a toilet bowl far outweigh the Coriolis force, which has its effects on large, massive items like the atmosphere and icebergs and ocean currents, or stuff like long-distance artillery shells and ballistic missiles.

Thank you, we know, we know, we know. But we still want to know what the general consensus is.

None of the above.

My highly (in)efficient low flow just drops straight down. After 6 or 8 flushes it might flush everything down.

However, I have discovered that my supposedly highly efficient low flow gets constipated. About every other day I get a 5 gallon bucket of water and pour it down the toilet. After that it works ok for about 5 uses. Then I have to flood it again.

I am thinking that it needs more water to wash the waste down the pipe to the septic tank. The 2 other toilets in the house don't need the reverse enema....

Last edited:
It's unknowable. In the age of Covid, we're all supposed to be closing the lid before flushing.

Although if you keep your toothbrush on the sink near the toilet, that's always been a good idea.

Update: it didn’t flush in any type of spherical pattern, it just went straight down.

The downstairs commode, a crappy(no pun intended) Eljer, swirls CCW. The upstairs unit upon which I am currently sitting is a pretty decent Toto, which does the straight down the pipe routine.

Wait. We are supposed to flush?

Why am I not on the distribution list for these important memos?!

Damn. I have to pee now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's unknowable. In the age of Covid, we're all supposed to be closing the lid before flushing.

We are? Like, the fear is that I'm shooting coronavirus out of my jazz hose now? Should I be whizzing through an N95 mask?

I can't keep up with any of this nonsense. It's like Dolores Umbridge is the minister of covid rules and regulations.

We are? Like, the fear is that I'm shooting coronavirus out of my jazz hose now? Should I be whizzing through an N95 mask?

I can't keep up with any of this nonsense. It's like Dolores Umbridge is the minister of covid rules and regulations.
All bio-fuel waste must be filtered prior to/during exfiltration. :)

It goes straight down. Mine has a turbo flush.

Back