Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!

Crashnburn

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Crashnburn
I have two email addresses, one ending in ieee.org, the other msn.com. My Windows 10 was installed on a clean disk. The ieee.org address gets forwarded to my msn.com address.

I'm looking for a new job. My focus is what I've always done, work in the trenches developing embedded firmware, so most of my email is in that vein.

However, out of the blue, a company wants to interview me for a Principal Engineer position. That would be at a director level. I was supposed to be getting an email from a HR rep, that I didn't see until today.

I use two different email applications. One is Microsoft Mail, the other is the MSN Explorer. MSN Explorer is slow, and not terribly stable. Mail is fast, and stable, so I've mostly been using Mail.

I just discovered a several days old email from the company that wants me to interview for the Principal Engineer position, and the proposed date has already come and gone. Arrrrrrrrrrg!
I sent an email to the HR rep, explaining the situation, and providing some times that would be convenient for me, and asking for a convenient time with the FW manager. I'm hoping that I'll at least get the interview.

I asked why they wanted to interview me, and they said it was because I'd had a lot of exposure to a lot of different technology. That's true, and it also shows I'm a quick learner. So, if you're inclined, wish me luck.

Guess I won't be using Mail much, anymore.

hqdefault.jpg

I just wanted to tell you good luck, we're all counting on you....

Luck?? You don’t need no steenking luck. You’re a steely eyed missile man. Or the embedded equivalent anyway. Go for it.

And... Thunderbird or K-9 Mail FTW, by the way. There’s one thing Microsoft does really well. Im at a loss to tell you what that one thing is, but it’s not email.

Good luck.

I find the universe of microsoft email applications confusing, and quite frequently messages from senders I have marked as 'its not spam' still get put in the spam folder.

If you have ever read any of Scott Adams work he says developing a talent stack is the way to success and it sounds like you are there. My Dad always says the harder I work the luckier I get. Sounds like you have all the luck you can generate. Now all you need is a good mail server. Hang in there.

I have two email addresses, one ending in ieee.org, the other msn.com. My Windows 10 was installed on a clean disk. The ieee.org address gets forwarded to my msn.com address.

I'm looking for a new job. My focus is what I've always done, work in the trenches developing embedded firmware, so most of my email is in that vein.

However, out of the blue, a company wants to interview me for a Principal Engineer position. That would be at a director level. I was supposed to be getting an email from a HR rep, that I didn't see until today.

I use two different email applications. One is Microsoft Mail, the other is the MSN Explorer. MSN Explorer is slow, and not terribly stable. Mail is fast, and stable, so I've mostly been using Mail.

I just discovered a several days old email from the company that wants me to interview for the Principal Engineer position, and the proposed date has already come and gone. Arrrrrrrrrrg!
I sent an email to the HR rep, explaining the situation, and providing some times that would be convenient for me, and asking for a convenient time with the FW manager. I'm hoping that I'll at least get the interview.

I asked why they wanted to interview me, and they said it was because I'd had a lot of exposure to a lot of different technology. That's true, and it also shows I'm a quick learner. So, if you're inclined, wish me luck.

Guess I won't be using Mail much, anymore.
Good Luck!!

hqdefault.jpg

I just wanted to tell you good luck, we're all counting on you....

Aaaaaaand, if you don't get the job, give them my information?

A number of years ago one recruiter wasn't getting my emails - they were going into the bit bucket because the outgoing email server that was sending the emails had no RDNS and his server was rejecting emails from any server without RDNS. With all the filters, blacklists and faulty algorithms used for spam reduction email is not exactly reliable. Think about that if your creditor insists on sending an ebill. Even received/read receipts are not reliable as some people turn them off.

Thank the spammers, scammers, and ne'er-do-wells for ruining a tool.

Back