Lookin' Out My Back Door....EMS down at KBJJ

Jim Rosenow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Rosenow
We live on a hill across the runway from the FBO @ KBJJ. Sitting on the back porch yesterday afternoon, paying almost no attention as the EMS guys departed for a run. Heard a strange noise and looked up in time to see a huge cloud of dust.

The guys had started to depart over a construction area and a couple seconds out rotor wash had sucked a section of plastic construction film up, which stuck on a blade. Major imbalance, of course,and the pilot dropped them in NOW, before things came apart. He did a good job and kept it upright.

The crew of 4 was out when I got there, no injuries, but I'll bet sore this morning. Skids were spread-eagled, with the fuselage sitting on it's belly. FAA was out within a couple hours, and a Citation came in this morning and disgorged a half a dozen folks walking around looking very official...assume NTSB.

Me?....I'm back the on porch drinking coffee...doo, doo, doo, lookin' out my back door. Pic to follow...

Jim

Last edited:
96E28CB2-53E9-449A-8014-97534CA0F837.jpeg. Anyone know how to rotate this? Sorry!

Really happy to hear no one was injured.

Crew of 4 or crew of 3 and patient.??

assume NTSB.
More than likely it's the head shed of the operator. The feds can be fast at times but not that fast.
I'd say that thing isn't going to rotate in quite a long while.
FYI: Depending on the extent of the damage on the belly (if there is any) it could be as simple as a set of new landing gear. Aircraft type is rather bullet proof along with its smaller cousin.

Is that a PHI Aeromedical Helicopter?

I can’t tell from the pic, and can’t find a news story on it.

On another forum they say it’s Metro.

Metro Life Flight...crew of four, all uninjured. Didn't ask who it was in the Citation when I was over there, but they've started taking it apart

Jim

Last edited:
Back