Dallas Class BRAVO Question

Ken Whitson

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TigerTracker
This is mostly directed to the Dallas area aviators who may have the answer.

There is a small and totally enclosed l-shaped segment between Addison (KADS) and the Bush Library TFR that shows a floor of 2,000'. It is mostly, but not completely, within the KADS Class D airspace. To the south and west, the floor drops to the surface.

So, the question is: What possible function does this segment serve?

Since the TPA for light aircraft is at ADS 1601 MSL, I’ll guess it allows small planes in the traffic pattern to say below the class bravo airspace

I don't know than answer, but you might want to change the thread title to Dallas Class B question.
Jon

So planes in the pattern can extend south past I635 without entering the B (there is no C near Dallas).

And that TFR is the Bush residence; the library is a couple miles southeast.

, So, the question is: What possible function does this segment serve?
Are you asking about the part I encircled with red?

2C42DC31-68EE-4260-9607-56EF5B5F7793.jpeg

Spike Cutler (@SCCutler) is based there. Hopefully he will be by eventually and provide an answer.

The Bush house is not part of the equation. (Do not tell the international students it is the Bush TFR! :confused:)

I used it the first time flew out of ADS on 15. I then learned to request the frequency change fast and talk to DAL even faster. I would say file out of ADS IFR, but that will delay you even more.

Just my 2 cents.

Found a possible answer

81405DC4-E8A8-4ABE-B842-871DDA10DF5F.jpeg

This is mostly directed to the Dallas area aviators who may have the answer.

There is a small and totally enclosed l-shaped segment between Addison (KADS) and the Bush Library TFR that shows a floor of 2,000'. It is mostly, but not completely, within the KADS Class D airspace. To the south and west, the floor drops to the surface.

So, the question is: What possible function does this segment serve?

None of the Dallas Class B is within the KADS Class D. It looks like they made the floor of the Bravo 2000 there instead of SFC to give KADS traffic a little more room up to 1999 feet.

ASW TX D Dallas Addison Airport, TX
Dallas, Addison Airport, TX
(lat. 32°58'07"N, long. 96°50'11"W)
That airspace extending upward from the surface to but not including 3,000 feet MSL within a 4.4- mile radius of Addison Airport excluding that portion within the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX, Class B airspace area. This Class D airspace area will be effective during the specific dates and times established in advance by a Notice to Airmen. The effective date and time will thereafter be continuously published in the Airport/Facility Directory.

Back