You're about three weeks early, my man! This thread becomes a lot more relevant to me on July 27th. ;)

Who dislikes being told what to discuss? Discuss....

Also, two other titling practices that rub me in an undesirable manner, especially popular in car forums, are starting a thread with the word, "Official...," as in, "Official Aftermarket Swaybar Options Thread....."..as if there were renegade, unsanctioned aftermarket swaybar option threads. Also, tagging the end of a title with "RIGHT NOW!," as in, "Pics of your rad rims, RIGHT NOW!"...sorry..don't obey commands from strangers on the internet.

Get off my lawn....
Now, where the heck is my towel....

The approximate number of minutes until eman is wheels up, +/- 2 hours.

42 is the "*" in ascii which is often used as a wild card. Also 101010 in binary.

Also from wikipedia:
Lewis Carroll, who was a mathematician,[27] made repeated use of this number in his writings.[28]
Examples of Carroll's use of 42:

• Alice's Adventures in Wonderland has 42 illustrations.
  • Alice's attempts at multiplication (chapter two of Alice in Wonderland) work if one uses base 18 to write the first answer, and increases the base by threes to 21, 24, etc. (the answers working up to 4 × 12 = "19" in base 39), but "breaks" precisely when one attempts the answer to 4 × 13 in base 42, leading Alice to declare "oh dear! I shall never get to twenty at that rate!"
  • Rule Forty-two in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ("All persons more than a mile high to leave the court").
  • Rule 42 of the Code in the preface[29] to The Hunting of the Snark ("No one shall speak to the Man at the Helm").
  • In "fit the first" of The Hunting of the Snark the Baker had "forty-two boxes, all carefully packed, With his name painted clearly on each."[29]
  • The White Queen announces her age as "one hundred and one, five months and a day", which—if the best possible date is assumed for the action of Through the Looking-Glass (e.g., a date is chosen such that the rollover from February to March is excluded from what would otherwise be an imprecise measurement of "five months and a day")—gives a total of 37,044 days. If the Red Queen, as part of the same chess set, is regarded as the same age, their combined age is 74,088 days, or 42 × 42 × 42

Number of years it will take the FAA to convince me that my small aircraft has a "flight deck" where the cockpit is now located ... :D

If it makes you feel better, many of us don't like it on the airline side either. My airline changed our checklists about two years ago, and there's an item on the shutdown checklist to make sure the various lights in the cockpit are either off or dimmed. So one day we're running the new checklist after the first leg of a three day sequence and I call out the item, "Flight Deck Lights". My captain reaches over, snatches the checklist from my yoke and proceeds to cross out "Flight Deck" and write "COCKPIT" over the top. He clips it back to my yoke and says, "As long as you're flying with me, we're gonna have NONE of that 'flight deck' s*** around here!"

Heh! :)

The year of this bad boy

cb2214c869afeb2f0564c623db37837b.jpg

b724855416128df752f796d67c4357d4.jpg

I just finished that audiobook (Hichhiker, not 42) a couple of days ago. Does someone here have the heart of gold by any chance?

There's a frood who knows where his towel is.

Back