Curious: The Most Ratings, Licenses, Endorsements A Pilot Can Have

Here's a few more, not going to get to "most" but I know several airline pilots who have these same ratings.My_info_-_My_Ratings.jpg

Another restriction that isn’t too common is the centerline thrust multi engine certificate. It’s possible to get hour multi in something like a 337 which would get you a centerline thrust restriction on the certificate
Yes, the strict wording is "multiengine aircraft without a published Vmc. The common reason is that the engines are on the centerline (or close enough to it) to not have a Vmc listed.

I must be the only ATP certificate holder in the USA that isn't Engrish proficient...
Don't get your certificate reissued. Mine was gratuitously added to my private when I changed my address.

In Alaska, our sea plane tour guide in Ketchikan told me that his card just said “Valid all Classes/Categories” and there were only about 20 or 30 of those in the US. When you get them all, they stop naming each individually. I might have that verbiage wrong.

The FAA inspector who added my type rating had a certificate like that. His FAA badge was number 002. Still had his original pilot's license, signed by Orville Wright, in his pocket.

Is a parachute rigger certificate a separate card?

Yes, got mine in Lakehurst NJ

My father got his half wing observer badge in Korea.

As the intel officer in a Helo squadron my son was the only officer without wings. He told the Ops officer that and the Ops opened his drawer and handed him the study guide to be an air crewman. He finished that and wears his crewman;s wings proudly to this day.

The highest FAA recognition is that of an NDPER. Randy Sohn.....

https://www.swnewsmedia.com/coronav...cle_edb73646-0903-5d00-8f14-36ce6a0c383e.html

"""
4) NDPER examiners are authorized to accept applications for practical tests to be conducted in vintage aircraft without regard to FSDO or regional boundaries. An NDPER examiner may conduct practical tests in any of the vintage aircraft within the aircraft grouping stated on the examiner’s NDPER LOA. NDPER examiners are responsible for all travel arrangements associated with the conduct of a practical test to be conducted in a vintage airplane. This provision applies only to certification activities conducted under the provisions of the NDPER program. The geographical area of the designating FSDO binds the examiner’s activities for all other DPE authorizations."""

Amateurs!

This covers everything!

8f315dbad9a49bbbf7138e48c5ec2e81.jpg

fly to the scene of the incident, or be recovered at the scene of the tragedy

Yes, the strict wording is "multiengine aircraft without a published Vmc. The common reason is that the engines are on the centerline (or close enough to it) to not have a Vmc listed.

One of the more esoteric ratings/restrictions would be issued to someone who gets their multi in a Dornier Seastar.

I must be the only ATP certificate holder in the USA that isn't Engrish proficient...

You, and everyone else who got their current plastic card between when they stopped allowing the original paper certificates and when they started putting English Proficient on every single one they issued.

My Private (2003) was still a paper cert. My Instrument (2006) was plastic, but they hadn't forced everyone onto plastic yet at that point, as I'm pretty sure I never had a plastic cert without the IR. And finally, my Commercial (Nov. 2008) has English Proficient on it.

One of the more esoteric ratings/restrictions would be issued to someone who gets their multi in a Dornier Seastar.

"Airplane Multi-engine Sea restricted to centerline thrust"

Yeah, that's gotta be a rare one. I wonder if anyone has it?

Also, what if you got your AMEL in a traditional twin but your AMES in centerline thrust? Would the restriction still be there for the AMES?

I had a paper certificate from when I was licensed in 1982. It's still clipped into the back of my first logbook. I had a second paper one when I changed my address. I got a third paper right after 9/11 when they noted my medical certificate and the pilot certificate had differing hair colors. They didn't care which I chose as long as they matched. Since my office was only a couple of miles from the FSDO, I got a new pilot certificate. When I got my medical, the DPE was commented that he had to take my old certificate and he was sorry that I would be giving up an old one. I told him that I still had my original and that was OK.
I got a plastic one when I got my rating and then went back (and picked up the English Proficiency limitation at the same time).

When people ask about pictures on the pilots license, I always point out that I have my picture on it. I'm the guy on the left. I don't know who the bald guy on the right is.

When people ask about pictures on the pilots license, I always point out that I have my picture on it. I'm the guy on the left. I don't know who the bald guy on the right is.

That’s me. Live in Dayton area, worked at Wright-Patterson AFB where Huffman Prarie is located. Stop by Orv’s house once in a while.

(I still have my original paper certificate and my FCC Radio Telephone Operator permit.)

Cheers

I wish I knew where my original Radiotelephone certificates were. I have a feeling they got left in the last radio station I worked for. I've got the current PDF originals of those and my Airworthiness Certificate stored in multiple online locations.

Indeed. Won the 2nd prize for it a few months ago. Waiting to see how my Reserve orders situation works out for next year before I schedule it.

PM me if you want any advance reading

"Airplane Multi-engine Sea restricted to centerline thrust"

Yeah, that's gotta be a rare one. I wonder if anyone has it?

Also, what if you got your AMEL in a traditional twin but your AMES in centerline thrust? Would the restriction still be there for the AMES?

They would probably put a limitation on there.

Mine says 'airplane single and multi engine land' and 'instrument airplane' but then carries a limitation 'multiengine VFR only'.

I dont think the person who selected the last 3 digits of the registration was a native english speaker.

I would wager they were - or at least knew exactly what they were doing. :D

I would wager they were - or at least knew exactly what they were doing. :D

The heritage of this type goes back to the push-pull configuration on the Do16 'whale' flying boat of the 1920s. I always figured that whoever selected the letters wanted to make a wordplay on Herman Melvilles 'Moby-Dick' litary figure (or maybe he thought his boss Claudius Dornier Jr reminded him of capt Ahab in his dogged pursuit of a composite flying boat).

How many different kinds of certificates are there anyway?
Pilot
Flight Engineer
Flight Instructor
Ground Instructor
Mechanic
Repairman
Flight Attendant
Control Tower Operator
Parachute Rigger
Aircraft Dispatcher

I coulda sworn there were 11 types when I looked into this years ago, and I think that was not including Repairman...

Back