Flight School Reviews in DFW

I haven't been on here in a while but I did want to just give a quick update. I chose Aviator Air as my flight school of choice. I have now 59.7 hrs in a 172. My checkride is scheduled for 08/16 and I am a bit nervous my instructor keeps warning me the DPE I got tends to yell alot . Has anyone ever done a checkride with a DPE named Steven Douglas? I would highly recommend Aviator Air as a flight school the instructors are all great and the planes are well kept. The only issue you could have is the school is busy, if you don't get in the system to schedule your lessons at least 3weeks out you might not get on the schedule and you might get a lesson or 2 canceled due to the 100hr inspection. Feel free to reach out if you have questions I would be glad to help.

I have never heard of that DPE. But I'd ask your instructor why he scheduled you with a DPE who he thinks tells a lot.

I chose to go ahead and use him due to availability and I figured that he couldn't be worse than some old football coaches I have had back in high school. My instructor gave me an option of him now or someone with a higher fee later.

@Franco1024 ... this is first I have heard of him too.

Ask for inside info on NTA. Good luck on your big day!

I chose to go ahead and use him due to availability and I figured that he couldn't be worse than some old football coaches I have had back in high school. My instructor gave me an option of him now or someone with a higher fee later.
Are you going to Amarillo for your checkride?

I haven't been on here in a while but I did want to just give a quick update. I chose Aviator Air as my flight school of choice. I have now 59.7 hrs in a 172. My checkride is scheduled for 08/16 and I am a bit nervous my instructor keeps warning me the DPE I got tends to yell alot . Has anyone ever done a checkride with a DPE named Steven Douglas? I would highly recommend Aviator Air as a flight school the instructors are all great and the planes are well kept. The only issue you could have is the school is busy, if you don't get in the system to schedule your lessons at least 3weeks out you might not get on the schedule and you might get a lesson or 2 canceled due to the 100hr inspection. Feel free to reach out if you have questions I would be glad to help.

Hey, I took my checkride with Steven Douglas (also Aviator Air student) earlier this year, if you want more details shoot me a PM.

Sorry for the late post but I passed my checkride on the 16th. I'm officially a Private Pilot now. He was not as bad as I was thinking. I guess my instructor was over preparing me for him. He didn't really yell more of just a firm voice. He was thorough on the oral, I felt I was really prepared for the checkride up until the last question on the oral, but I got through it and I really was not worried about my flying. Got done just in time as the thunderstorm that hit that night came in just about 15 min after the final landing.
Checkride was taken out of KGPM

Back