New from Delaware

Mark W

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mark W
Hello everyone. I’m new to this Site and need to post to get access to all the features so here it goes. I am an experimental home build from Dover Delaware trying to find groups in the area with little to no luck. There are a few local airports but it seems they have very little activity at all times. I know there is a social distancing crisis going on but even before this it was bad. A little about me. I have been building my kit built Zenith CH650B since June of 2019 and am waiting to get into a hanger to install the wings. Hangers are also hard to come by unfortunately. I have spent the last 20 years as a propulsion mechanic in De Air National Guard and am slowly working my way towards my private pilots license. Either way. Just saying hi.

Welcome!

I used to be based at KILG, then retired. Now living in Ocean City MD and we hangar our Commander there.

I had worked for the DRBA, and did work at 33N along with other airports. There is a group that does meet ups at various places, at least when everything opens up again. The group is the North East Flyers.

Welcome!

I used to be based at KILG, then retired. Now living in Ocean City MD and we hangar our Commander there.

I had worked for the DRBA, and did work at 33N along with other airports. There is a group that does meet ups at various places, at least when everything opens up again. The group is the North East Flyers.
I’ll have to look them up. That’s the first I’ve heard of them. Thank you very much.

Welcome. Georgetown airport seems reasonably busy on the weekends - plus there’s a good restaurant there. For resources, you might join the East Coast Pilots facebook group.

Welcome. Georgetown airport seems reasonably busy on the weekends - plus there’s a good restaurant there. For resources, you might join the East Coast Pilots facebook group.
I just put a request in to join their group. Thanks for the heads up.

Back